Sign in to follow this  

suspension companies

i currently have a 2009 yz250f which i had the suspension resprung n revalved on. i went with pro action, simply bc they have a tech 15 minutes from where i live. i will be getting a 2012 yz250f in the coming weeks and obviously the first upgrade im going with is suspension. i just wanted to hear from others who have had suspension work and what company and how they liked it. my bike felt 10x better than with the stock suspension but i was still not completely satisfied. im interested in hearing responses!

There is a lot to be said of having someone local. If you were not totally satisfied with Pro Actions work, did you tell them this? Most reputable shops will guarantee their work IF you tell them. They are not mind readers. Personally I would talk to them first. Save you a lot of money in shipping and time if nothing else.

i did all 4 of our 250f yammies with parts and oil from dave j at smart performance.its not that hard and his stuff is top notch.but if you are not able to do it yourself then i think you are making the right choice using a local tuner.

It might be a drive but we use Mike Weisner Suspension in Paw Paw, MI. He used to be Kelly Smith's Mechanic when he was with Factory KTM. He was also a tuner for Factory Connection for 2 years. I love the way my bike feels compared to friends. He definitely knows his sh*t!

using somebody that's right by you is an awesome advantage. But it sounds like your not taking full advantage of it. Take your new bike to him and then let him help you fine tune it. Very rare can you have it done and throw it in and it's dead on. I did one for a local kid two weeks ago. He took it to an arenacross and rode it in practice. It wasn't great so he rode his old bike in the race. The next day they had a practice day and he brought the new bike out and made a few adjustments and it was lights out. So you need to work at it a little bit. Tuners can only get it so close in the shop.