Sign in to follow this  

Tell me about the GG300's

I'm on a information gathering hunt right now, just looking for any experience that someone has had with these bikes, how they handle/corner, run, any info about them would be great, i'll be hopefully looking for an 11 or a 12 possibly in the next couple months just trying to decide which bike to go with

Those 12 GG race models are beautiful, i hate decisions, just happy its only between 2 bikes, got a awesome dealer here in MI thats makeing these bikes more appealing than just their looks

Edited by yathump

The 2012's are delayed because of a stupid air box design. The 2011 are excellent and on sale. Get one. Fantastic bikes. Handle great, feels small and light, fantastic motor.

• Like 1

Are they completely redoing the design on them, everything sounds great on these bikes, i did kinda ? when i saw that design but who knows. Are/can they just swap back to the 11's design? Any idea on how much they'll be delayed

They are being built now and should be here in Jan. The 250/300's wil be first followed by e-starts then the 200's. I have the 2010 and they are awesome bikes and the 11's are even better. For 2012 here in the USA all of them will be the Race versions minus the extra spare parts. BTW I think I'm gonna wait and get a 2012 200.

• Like 1

They are being built now and should be here in Jan. The 250/300's wil be first followed by e-starts then the 200's. I have the 2010 and they are awesome bikes and the 11's are even better. For 2012 here in the USA all of them will be the Race versions minus the extra spare parts. BTW I think I'm gonna wait and get a 2012 200.

thanks for the reply, after doing a bunch more research i think this is the route i'll be going, its a pretty easy chose when it comes down to it. So no spare parts for us, oh well

One thing you may want to think about.

The "new" 2012's will be a larger/taller frame closer to the KTM/TM size of smoker.

For many no biggie, yet for myself I'm setting sight to purchase a GG 2011, as I'm only 5'9" and the "smaller" frame feel will be better for my super tight singletrack riding....As I owned a 2005 GG250....

I would not worry at all which one you purchase for parts, everything is available for the 2002-2011 GasGas machines, and of course the 2012's will also have most everything sitting in the north American warehouse...Same as Jap or KTM world....

• Like 1

One thing you may want to think about.

The "new" 2012's will be a larger/taller frame closer to the KTM/TM size of smoker.

For many no biggie, yet for myself I'm setting sight to purchase a GG 2011, as I'm only 5'9" and the "smaller" frame feel will be better for my super tight singletrack riding....As I owned a 2005 GG250....

I would not worry at all which one you purchase for parts, everything is available for the 2002-2011 GasGas machines, and of course the 2012's will also have most everything sitting in the north American warehouse...Same as Jap or KTM world....

I shouldn't have to much of a problem with that, or at least i wouldn't think i'm 6' and around 200lbs

Thanks for the input though:thumbsup:

When you whisky throttle them they will pitch you into the rhubarb. Despite your injuries, you will emerge with a sh*t eating grin and a healthy dose of respect.:bonk:

• Like 1

I'm on a information gathering hunt right now, just looking for any experience that someone has had with these bikes, how they handle/corner, run, any info about them would be great, i'll be hopefully looking for an 11 or a 12 possibly in the next couple months just trying to decide which bike to go with

Those 12 GG race models are beautiful, i hate decisions, just happy its only between 2 bikes, got a awesome dealer here in MI thats makeing these bikes more appealing than just their looks

I have owned 6 GG's from the Trials bikes to the 200, 250 and 300 Enduros and all of them have been fantastic "bullet proof" great handling machines. In my opinion there isn't a better all around bike than the 300 it's like cheating especially when you are ridding tough gnarly terrain. I currently have an 05 and a 2010 and love them both. I am 6'3 250 lbs and even though the 2010 is a little smaller in the cockpit it still fits me well. Lower the pegs raise the bars if you need but at your height I don't think you will have a problem. On another note if you have never ridden one you are in for a treat and the more you ride them the better you'll like them. I have never got bored with these bikes they are great machines.:bonk:

GHill

• Like 1

When you whisky throttle them they will pitch you into the rhubarb. Despite your injuries, you will emerge with a sh*t eating grin and a healthy dose of respect.:banana:

Just what i need, don't wanna get to confident:smirk::smirk:

I have owned 6 GG's from the Trials bikes to the 200, 250 and 300 Enduros and all of them have been fantastic "bullet proof" great handling machines. In my opinion there isn't a better all around bike than the 300 it's like cheating especially when you are ridding tough gnarly terrain. I currently have an 05 and a 2010 and love them both. I am 6'3 250 lbs and even though the 2010 is a little smaller in the cockpit it still fits me well. Lower the pegs raise the bars if you need but at your height I don't think you will have a problem. On another note if you have never ridden one you are in for a treat and the more you ride them the better you'll like them. I have never got bored with these bikes they are great machines.:bonk:

GHill

Exactly what i was hopeing to hear, more great things, thank you:thumbsup:

I took my (new to me) 2002 XC300 out for a ride a couple of weeks ago. My usual trail bike is a YZ426 (I know, but it's modified...). The GG is completely different but very similar. The steering is very neutral with very easy turn initiation. It took me a couple of miles to figure out that once I start the turn, the GG knows what to do when the YZ needs constant input to complete the turn. I had a couple of moments where the YZ would have bounced into the woods, but the GG straightened out and dealt with the issues.

Great chassis, good suspension, nice and compact ergos. Not too tight that you can't move around on the bike, but everything falls close to hand. I can't wait to get mine running properly to give it a good thrashing and find out how I can really get through the woods.

• Like 1

I took my (new to me) 2002 XC300 out for a ride a couple of weeks ago. My usual trail bike is a YZ426 (I know, but it's modified...). The GG is completely different but very similar. The steering is very neutral with very easy turn initiation. It took me a couple of miles to figure out that once I start the turn, the GG knows what to do when the YZ needs constant input to complete the turn. I had a couple of moments where the YZ would have bounced into the woods, but the GG straightened out and dealt with the issues.

Great chassis, good suspension, nice and compact ergos. Not too tight that you can't move around on the bike, but everything falls close to hand. I can't wait to get mine running properly to give it a good thrashing and find out how I can really get through the woods.

Man the reviews are great on these bikes

Thanks for your time:thumbsup:

Would like to know more about the transmission ratios, for people who own them are they more like a ktm xcw or xc. I have owned both and much prefer the xc gear box. Any gaps between 1st and 2nd or 2nd to 3rd?

I feel the transmission ratios are closer to an xc, my 300 gear gaps are only a tad bit wider than my yz250 was. Much closer to my buddies 200xc than the 200xc-w he had for a bit(hated it)

yeah closer to XC I think, my 2011 gearing seems perfect for me, a little wider than my ktm 200 maybe? Not sure what the exact ratios are

When you whisky throttle them they will pitch you into the rhubarb. Despite your injuries, you will emerge with a sh*t eating grin and a healthy dose of respect.:bonk:

We don't really have any rhubarb here. Just trees,roots and rocks..............so I went with the ec 250. Great bikes for sure, as I'm on my 3rd one and I rode the snot out of my last one for 5 years. :smirk:

GasGas bikes are excellent bikes and bullet proof. I have an older 01 300. My buddy has an 11 250 and the bikes work excellent for him. I am 6'1" with sort of extra long arms and I must say the bikes are a bit on the smaller side in my opinion. I know with the newer bikes you can move the bars more forward in the triple clamps to help with that. ..but it all depends on you . For some the size doesn't bother them but I just had to give my view of it. .For me the bike is a little on the short/small side feeling. I would have a little more trouble on the deep groove type hills where you paddle your legs a bit.. That's only if you're taller. The motor is awesome for sure and all around they are quality bikes to me. It has 6 speed with a beautiful broad power range that is as good as it gets. You really only have to put a few guards on the bike..maybe a big tank if you like to go far, adjust the bars to what you like and the bike is perfect.

• Like 1

I had a 99 250 and now an 03 300 - the 300's stronger bottom end makes a hell of a difference particularly when it's slippy. The ergo's can be made to work if you're tall with a set of risers and a change of bars themselves. I absolutely love the bullet proof feel of the bikes and they definitely have improved my riding.

• Like 1

More good things:banana:For me sounds like a set of barkbusters and i'd be set, the new tank is 15% bigger so i should have no problem distance wise around here, theres only a few trails that really push it for fuel, unless your mileage really sucks