Sign in to follow this  

which exhaust is best

Hi guys, what is the best exhaust for mid and topend improvement? and do i really need to worry bout the header or is it just the muffler mainly?

The stock system sounds free flowing but on here you guys have told me ther is gains to be had so im thinking il give it a go. cheers

Dr.D Stainless steel full system. Nice smooth power gain, sounds really really nice. a little loud though. no prob with me though lol a bit pricy but definitley worth it!

http://appliedrace.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=1365&zenid=c2288346a26e9df08f617f0ef24c73e6

cheers mate so rekn full system is the go? header be much the same ay or are they larger diameter? loud doesnt worry me at all

MRD seems to be popular on TT. I personally went w/ a leo vince for my 08. They have an ebay store and I think I got the full system delivered for $375. It is going to come down to budget, really.

Hope this helps

The Dr. D systems are very good for an overall power increase. The tapered headpipe is well worth the money. The stainless head pipe with the aluminum can is very durable and holds up well. They are reasonably priced for what you get.

What year 450 are you putting this on?

Awesome thanks for the help guys, very glad i joined this site but i can see things getting a bit out of hand :bonk: some of them are quite cheap too which is good.

Its going on my 04 mate

i'm running the FMF megabomb with the Q4 muffler. Its a quiet pipe. Started with just the Q4 on the stock header but adding the fmf megabomb header was a noticeable improvement. Lots of people say the 450s don't need more power, but adding the header gives more usable power. You can ride a gear higher and doesn't seem to stall as easily. The Q4 is quiet similar to the stock header. After having louder pipes in the past its nice that the bike isn't loud but still has plenty of power over the stock configuration. Also added the carbon fiber guard to keep from melting pants to the pipe.

i'm running the FMF megabomb with the Q4 muffler. Its a quiet pipe. Started with just the Q4 on the stock header but adding the fmf megabomb header was a noticeable improvement. Lots of people say the 450s don't need more power, but adding the header gives more usable power. You can ride a gear higher and doesn't seem to stall as easily. The Q4 is quiet similar to the stock header. After having louder pipes in the past its nice that the bike isn't loud but still has plenty of power over the stock configuration. Also added the carbon fiber guard to keep from melting pants to the pipe.

450's dont 'need' more power but its nice to have it lol

I think it should be noted that you have an X model , because if you put a Q4 on a R model you will loose power , they probably arent any worse than the stock X muffler but they will plug up a R model

I think it should be noted that you have an X model , because if you put a Q4 on a R model you will loose power , they probably arent any worse than the stock X muffler but they will plug up a R model

That is not correct. I own both a 2007 x and a 2011 r. The q4 is on the r and meets the same decibel requirements of the stock exhaust. (93 db). But the short is it's actually improved over the stock muffler while keeping the same noise output. I have also combined this with Fmf power bomb header. Q4 breathes better then the stocker

IMG_0320.jpg

That is not correct. I own both a 2007 x and a 2011 r. The q4 is on the r and meets the same decibel requirements of the stock exhaust. (93 db). But the short is it's actually improved over the stock muffler while keeping the same noise output. I have also combined this with Fmf power bomb header. Q4 breathes better then the stocker

IMG_0320.jpg

sorry , I thought you were talking about your X , nice bike !

Edited by DH367