Sign in to follow this  

2012 Test Ride Video

I got to test-ride the 2012 at Pala Raceway yesterday for the Team Green Appreciation Day. I have a 2011 so I was worried that it would be so much better that I had to have one but that wasn't the case.

It has a bit more power and the suspension is definitely firmer but it didn't blow me away in comparison so I will wait for the 2013.

The shifter was too low for my SG-12 boots, so I was having trouble with shifting but I was very impressed with the bike in stock condition.

http://vimeo.com/33951166

That's true but they are barren wastelands of perfectly-prepped wonderfulness. :bonk:

I've seen them. I've ridden a few.. Nothing compares to the NON barren wasteland and truly perfectly prepped REDBUD.. hahaha Sorry I'm spoiled with the absolutely best track ever to exist on planet earth hahahahahahahah

I've seen them. I've ridden a few.. Nothing compares to the NON barren wasteland and truly perfectly prepped REDBUD.. hahaha Sorry I'm spoiled with the absolutely best track ever to exist on planet earth hahahahahahahah

No argument here. I used to race at Redbud in the 70's and 80's and it is indeed one of the best tracks on planet earth. :bonk:

next to Millville haha which is 20min. from my house!! So REALLY Freds you didn't think the 12' blew away the 11'??!! The 2 other folks i have talked to that have ridden them back to back thought it did. More power everywhere and much better out of box suspension??!!!!

next to Millville haha which is 20min. from my house!! So REALLY Freds you didn't think the 12' blew away the 11'??!! The 2 other folks i have talked to that have ridden them back to back thought it did. More power everywhere and much better out of box suspension??!!!!

I rode them back-to-back, on the same track, within minutes of each other. It should be noted that my 2011 has had the suspension revalved by MB1 and it has a DRD exhaust, but is otherwise bone-stock.

I was mentally prepared to be blown away and was already thinking about how I was going to swing it financially, but it just didn't happen.

The 2012 is a great bike and could definitely be raced stock right off the showroom floor but no, I was not blown away.

Good review. Cool vid too, btw. I'm sure the '12 is one of, if not the best box stock 250f out there. But as with any bikes, it isn't gonna magically turn ppl into a superstar. As I've noticed in many of the shootouts, all the bikes lap times are pretty close, with no consistency (with 1 bike being faster than the others, between the riders). Rich Taylor was slowest on the Kawi in TWMX but still loved it.