Sign in to follow this  

91 KX250 vs 98 RM250 ???

If the same driver was to race on both of these bikes, which one would be quicker on a straight away run? I know there are a lot of variables...but lets say everything was the same, except the bikes.

I researched and the KX has about 52 hp and the RM has 40.

Stock to Stock?

My KX250 is actually was bored out to 270 recently, fresh top/bottom, so I assume that is going to jack up my 52 hop to about 57ish??? no clue.

thanks....curious, the prior owner said my new bike (1991) was bored out to 265...however my friend said you typically bore out in 0.002 increments? Sorry, kind of new with 2 strokers....but know a lot about BMW twin turbos as my 335xi is pumping out 450 bhp!

I went big bore too on my 02 and there was option for 66.4mm standard bore and a 67.5mm but I went to a year earlier and got a 68.5mm that comes out to 265cc.Its calculated by piston size and stroke of the engine,not sure the formula.So different stroke engine will have a different cc from same size piston,this is how I understand it and if I'm wrong someone will chime in.91 May have a different stroke than mine if so your piston will be different than mine but ends up same cc size.

how you liking the 2 stroke world?Its my first race bike,had smaller fours like the crf230 but nothing like these.I thought about getting a four stroke race bike then I think about the time it blows and the $$$ that comes with it.Plus every one say they are fun for the first hour then it gets boring,2 stroke is fun everytime I ride.

etuke...isn't it past your bedtime in Newfoundland?

I just started getting back into dirt bikes this summer. I bought a KDX175 vintage (1982) then a month later XR250r (1990), a month later KDX200 (1989), sold the KDX last week and bought a KX250 (1991) that I just got for a steal.......this is a strong bike....just started getting into 2nd gear and the fron end wants to come up...

uh...my buddies 1998 RM250 (actaully is a 1990, got screwed by seller) blew by me at tail end of 2nd going into 3rd. Selling KX250 and buying RM250 tomorrow.