Sign in to follow this  

Buchanan spokes and excel A60 rims?

I have a set of buchanan spokes and I am planning buying a set of excel A60 rims. But I have heard that you can only use excel spokes with these rims. Is this true?

contact buchanan, also you might need to drill the hubs if they are the heavier gauge. did dirtstars will work with stock spokes. if your nipples for the front set are the same as the rear, then they will work with the A60s. i just put together a set, with bulldogs, used aluminum nipples. front set were same size as the rear (dirtstar rims), had to drill front rim. also grease your nipples and use anti-seize on the spokes. hope this helps.

i believe you have to use the big nipples.

Dinnerplate nipples?:bonk:

Call Buchanan, I bet they give a better answer than 99% on these boards.

Dinnerplate nipples?:smirk:

Call Buchanan, I bet they give a better answer than 99% on these boards.

coming from someone who probably can't lace and true a wheel.:banana::busted: also read on before you insert foot.:bonk:

A60's take a larger than OEM nipple. So if your Buchanan's are the same size as OEM they will be loose in the fitting, which is probably not a good thing.

Personally I's only use Excel spokes in with their rims. When I laced our A60's I asked Excel America about using OEM spokes and they recommended against it.