Sign in to follow this  

2012 Rmz 250 is this for me or can you talk me out of it?

I am getting back into Moto due to I say screw waiting on snow to ride my new to me sled. Long story short I am at best a slower B rider 5'7 140 lbs I am leaning towards the 2012 zook truth is I will probably not own it long enough for it to even get into the "tranny" problems so that is not my concern in 2009 I bought a brand new 2008 yz250f and LOVED IT sold it. Now I am getting back into it we have a enclosed moto track here that I can ride. SO what I guess my questions is can you talk me OUT of the zook ? I am at 6675.00 no tax the Kawi is 25 bucks cheaper and the DFI and SFF seems tempting but I want something I can handle been reading the Kawi is for "taller" riders. The Zook lays down they say.. I do not have the ability to go ride each and choose. Personally I think the ZOOK is UGLY!! but that can be fixed.

I just don't like the black on the bike. It would need black wheels or the plastic to be white imo. Not the point tho that does not stop me from buying it.

are you serious i love the yellow with black plastics, but the rmz should be a good bike just maintain it and it should last a good while, I was looking at both the kxf and rmz and i might be going with the kxf

I would love, absolutely love a rmz250, but kawasaki has better support. Theres a guy on here(go to the kx250f forum) whose 2011 shot a rod with like 35 hours and kawasaki payed $700 of it for a crank and cases. Also for 2012 kawi made the cranks more durable. If kawi does stand behind their product incase there is a problem from the manufacture where there is lack of evidence that it was abused. Its a no brainer for me. Im not saying the rmz250 will have problems either, people say its one of the best bikes you can buy. You can look at the rmz forum and you'll see some people had problems with there trannys, others havent had a single problem. It isnt cheap though if it does go, if you send it to a shop its about 550 labor plus each gear is 65-70 bucks. Is it worth fixing though? Probably its been winning a ton of shootouts since the 2010 came out and for 2012 its still been up there even though its an unchanged bike from 2011. Both are great bikes for me though my future looks green

Wont talk you out of it. The last two years the RMZ250 has been AWESOME! Personally, I think its the best looking too. Win/Win

Motor=great

suspension=decent(usually undersprung, but might be good for you @ 140)

handling=the best. prob the best turning 4T made today

durability=has gotten much better over last 4-5yrs.

My next one WILL be an '11 or newer RMZ450