Sign in to follow this  

A Day Of Emotions!!

I would like to tell you about my day...

Yesterday i woke up and decided i would put the new chain on my bike(first bike), so i was happy.

then started watching videos on how to do it, so i went out the back and started. worked out that the chain was to long as it should be. so i was SAD :busted: cos i couldnt put it on.

asked dad if he could take me to the bike store to buy a chain breaker, he said yes so i was HAPPY :smirk:

went to the shop bought the part and went home.

start breaking the link off and i couldnt turn it any more (small arms :awww: ) so dad comes out and help. CRACK!! the tool snaps.. so i try for about an hour to get the link off, it wasnt working :banana: i used some words my mum would smack me in the head for saying. i got so ANGRY i was being stupid and was throwing stuff. i then smashed my thumb :bonk: with the hammer... i almost cried in frustation. but as im to manly lol i didnt.....

then dad came out and help and we got it in the end

SO IM HAPPY.. But it was a hard day in my life ahah

Yeah sometimes simple things turn in to annoying and difficult things, When it starts annoying you just go do something else for a while and come back to the bike...

You could have used a grinder to grind the end of the pin off instead of a chain breaker. But props to you for trying to use the "Proper" tool..

Ive had a few wrenches embedded in the drywall of my shop when being thrown from pure frustration. I just hang a poster over the hole n pretend it never happened.

Ya that's good stuff, most people insist on learning *some* things the hard way... making mistakes. It's OK.

(But if you're making the same mistakes over and over... !) LOL

I would like to tell you about my day...

Yesterday i woke up and decided i would put the new chain on my bike(first bike), so i was happy.

then started watching videos on how to do it, so i went out the back and started. worked out that the chain was to long as it should be. so i was SAD :busted: cos i couldnt put it on.

asked dad if he could take me to the bike store to buy a chain breaker, he said yes so i was HAPPY :smirk:

went to the shop bought the part and went home.

start breaking the link off and i couldnt turn it any more (small arms :awww: ) so dad comes out and help. CRACK!! the tool snaps.. so i try for about an hour to get the link off, it wasnt working :banana: i used some words my mum would smack me in the head for saying. i got so ANGRY i was being stupid and was throwing stuff. i then smashed my thumb :bonk: with the hammer... i almost cried in frustation. but as im to manly lol i didnt.....

then dad came out and help and we got it in the end

SO IM HAPPY.. But it was a hard day in my life ahah

Well having the right tool is only the first step, learning to use that tool properly is the second.

ANd I think someone mentioned grinding the rivet head before trying to press it out is definitely the way to go.

I was waiting for the part of the story where you took too many links out...my chain on the 2T has 2 masterlinks currently. Spaced out and measured it on the stand, installed the chain and wouldn't you know it was so tight you could have played a tune on it when it was off the stand!

Ive had a few wrenches embedded in the drywall of my shop when being thrown from pure frustration. I just hang a poster over the hole n pretend it never happened.

i used to throw my tools in frustration until one of them bounced off the wall and knocked me right back on my ass. i haven't thrown anything of importance in 3 years.

ahhhh, i am very familiar with what you were going through that day my friend. when i was replacing the piston in an old dt175 i had the cylinder out off and dropped a bolt into the crank case!!!! i was like f*** a f***ing duck, (don't know why that combo of words came out, but it worked for me) and then i too went to get dad and he helped me get it out!

That's called the "sonofabitch! tool".

And it's invariably the next tool you need...:bonk: