Sign in to follow this  

PLEASE help with Jetting!!!

So I have a 2003 CRF150F recently did a .50 piston from Honda and brand new valves. Got her all back together and at that point with the 110 main and 2 position from the bottom on the needle the bike would run rich, to the point where the rear fender on the side would be black. And when you first started it up it would first off not start with the choke off when cold. And when you dropped her down the no choke after about a minute it would run really choppy and bog alottttt but once she got warmed up it would idle nice and low.. So i put a 105 in and kept 2nd position on the needle and 1.5 turns out on the fuel screw. And now she doesnt want to idle and the choppiness and bog is still there for the first minute or so and it seems pertty rich. It has a uni filter and the top of the airbox has the snorkel out and has had a bigger hole cut into it. And i am running no baffle. I live in Maryland not sure how much above sea level. But temperatures will be getting to round 30 degrees soon. Can someone please give me some advice on what jets to use and where to put the needle clip? I have the stock main jet a 100,105,110,and 118. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

just did my 150F 120 main, 42 pilot, stock needle clip 4th down from the top... 2 turns out on the screw.... runs great in 35 degree weather

ST O.D.

thats weird, thats kinda lean for the winter time. In the summer I had a 105 main and switched to a 115 during the winter.

So I have a 2003 CRF150F recently did a .50 piston from Honda and brand new valves. Got her all back together and at that point with the 110 main and 2 position from the bottom on the needle the bike would run rich, to the point where the rear fender on the side would be black. And when you first started it up it would first off not start with the choke off when cold. And when you dropped her down the no choke after about a minute it would run really choppy and bog alottttt but once she got warmed up it would idle nice and low.. So i put a 105 in and kept 2nd position on the needle and 1.5 turns out on the fuel screw. And now she doesnt want to idle and the choppiness and bog is still there for the first minute or so and it seems pertty rich. It has a uni filter and the top of the airbox has the snorkel out and has had a bigger hole cut into it. And i am running no baffle. I live in Maryland not sure how much above sea level. But temperatures will be getting to round 30 degrees soon. Can someone please give me some advice on what jets to use and where to put the needle clip? I have the stock main jet a 100,105,110,and 118. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

What pilot jet are you running? I can't tell you which one it should be but I can tell you IF you're having idling problems AND it's a jetting issue THEN you need to start with the pilot circuit.

Its the stock pilot. And do you guys think i should give the 118 a whirl? But see i really dont because you can just smell the gas and like i said the side of the rear panel is black.

Greg

You can't smell gas because it's running lean, not rich. The blackness is likely from something else, perhaps oil is slipping by the piston.