Sign in to follow this  

Injected or stick to carby?

Hi guys, a mate of mine has a 2010 crf 450 and rekns it has 53kw std is this true? 04 has 40 something i believe? Iv been working on having a little something for him by playing with mine but my question is whether i would be better off working an injected engine rather then playing with the old carby model. I havnt ridden his yet but honestly cant see it keeping up with mine already. So far I have stg 2 cam, airbox mods with twinair filter, jetted up carby (180 main jet) and geared down to 47 tooth rear. Has very fat mid and top end grunt now i love it. (i weigh 65kg too by the way so she really boogies lol) would i be well n truly up there now or are they really that good standard? any idea on my power so far roughly?

I plan to go a little stupid now so do i go injected or stick to me old faithful?

cheers Darren

Your main jet seems too big...unless youre below sea level.

The only FI bike Ive ever ridden was a buddy's 09 CRF450R that I'm thinking had to have some work done. He bought it used from a guy that was in the industry. It had Fox suspension (that kinda sucked) but a full Yosh system and I have to believe its got engine work because the thing is a ffriggin bullet.

It starts first or second kick and flat hauls ass.

My next bike will be FI for sure. After youve tooled up for it...its way better than a carb.

Your main jet seems too big...unless youre below sea level.

The only FI bike Ive ever ridden was a buddy's 09 CRF450R that I'm thinking had to have some work done. He bought it used from a guy that was in the industry. It had Fox suspension (that kinda sucked) but a full Yosh system and I have to believe its got engine work because the thing is a ffriggin bullet.

It starts first or second kick and flat hauls ass.

My next bike will be FI for sure. After youve tooled up for it...its way better than a carb.

agreed, I have owned a few crf's all carbed and currently own an 06. I love it because I know how to tune it lol. I will eventually switched to efi in a couple more years but no point in making the investment until I get all the tools and tuning software to work on it.

Cheers guys, Well i thought id go hav a look at the shop which ended in me trading in on a brand new 2012! Pick her up tomora, to say im excited is an understatement

53KW/71HP stock? A done-up-the-max flat-track 450 might be able to do that, but it won't be very rideable.

Honda has always officially rated the 450Rs at 56HP/42KW, and for the most part they all make about that at the crank, even the EFI models.

Sounds more like a mixup between kw and hp:

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Honda/News/MXAS-2012-HONDA-CRF450-MOTOCROSS-TEST-THEY-HIRED-N-8315.aspx

Q: HOW DOES THE 2012 CRF450 RUN ON THE DYNO?

A: The Honda CRF450 isn’t going to win any dyno shootouts with its power output. The 2012 CRF450 pumped out 52.59 horsepower. That is the least of any of the Big Five 450s and almost three horsepower less than the 2012 KX450F.