Sign in to follow this  

Did i get lucky?

Did i get lucky buying a 00 cr250? had no idea about them now i hear it was one of the best year cr's to have. An seems to not b a lemon like my old ktm by far!!! Thought ktms were awesome then i bought 1! O and i was wondering what a squish band is?

do a top end on it. when I did mine it was like 1 trip after I got my 00. all original and was developing a crack on the intake side of the piston. not too much longer and it would of broke and taken out parts worth a lot more than the 150 it costs for a top end kit

Pull her all apart and grease the stuff that needs regular maintence. I rock a tight 2000 CR250 quite a bit, they can get the job done very well in any terrain with a bit of set up.

Pull the rad shrouds and put some clear sticker on the spars so they don't wear thru the AL. You will see the mark and know what I mean.

I don't care for black bikes but other than that, nice find.

Keep an eye on the lower shock bearing.

id pull carb and see what the jetting is,

i would also pull the cylinder off and see what the the piston looks like as well as any surprises in the engine

Man here to get a 2000 that is all clapped out is like $1500, $2000 for one like that

the bottom linkage bearings are new and i greased them like maby 10 hrs ago i was gonna put like a think carbon fiber patch on the frame where it rubs on both sides i hate that the shrouds hit the frame. Just finished jetting it for winter. Guys said piston was just redone last season an he never rode it which was believable cause he had 3 bikes this was an older one he had. But i will take it apart and look soon. Any one on best piston for this year? weisco namura? gasket kit? i was gonna redo all gaskets top and botton an oil seals for reasurance. what should i look for in the bottom end for replacement?

im off forged pistons in my 01 they wear the bore to much and make noise. so i'd go pro-x or vertex, mitaka,....

replace the crank seals,

don't know if yours has this but one of the best cheap mods i did to my bike was a gripper seat cover, helps out alot in the woods IMO I don't sit much if at all even in the woods

Yeah i just want a piston with 2 rings on it i think just for jug protecion. I was also thinking about putting a bump in the seat with a gripper. I got a track im my backyard it aint a pro track but its fun.

Also i was gonna do some mx at are local track this coming up year anything i should look into getting for motocross maby some hair scrambles. Nvr been in an actual race would like to see how i would do. 250 2 strokes ride with the 250f's?? Hannegan is my local track any ideas?

The best thing you can do is set up the suspension , at least the right springs , and get a bar your comfortable with

im a taller guy about 6 3ish and i have high rise fat bars and i dnt like thm an they feel way too far back. Is there adjustable clamps? and im mostly standing when i ride but the high rise is too much but i really like my friends low bars on his yz considering change.?

pro-taper makes a top clamp that is adjustable, i believe you can get just the bar mount that have an off set as well, id also look into your suspension just getting the right springs for your weight would make a big diff ( assuming the springs on the bike now are incorrect for your weight)