Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Please tell me I'm wrong

Check out this video on cycle news

http://cyclenews.com/mobile/klim-riding-gears-graham-jarvis-video

Someone please tell me that is not a newley replanted tree area

they are ridding in. Not sure but those little poles sure look like the ones I see here in the NW when they are replanting an area.

I just cant beleave that Klim or cycle news would show / promote this.

I gotta be wrong. Please tell me I am wrong.

Weird.

I posted this from my phone and you can view it on a mobile device but I cant watch it on my home comp?

Really hope they already pulled it.

Pretty awesome riding, no trees looked to be hurt in the filming of this video

Edited by trackmaster
Most likely pulled out by there roots on one piece of property, and planted on another

Is he damaging something by riding near newly planted trees?

Ya, the reputation of dirt bikers. Witch is already bad enough.

Yes it's a video of amazing riding and I only bring it up because it's being promoted by Klim and is being put out there for EVERYONE to see by cycle news (not just on sitting on youtube for us to marvel at).

I do a lot of work in the industry and "tread lightly" is first and for most on our shoots. So it just amazes me to see something like this used by Klim as a promo.

With all the places there are to shoot, they pic a replanted area to do their filming :bonk:

While we bikers see a world top athlete riding "near" newly planted trees, I fear those who are trying to take away our ridding areas see a guy ripping up the forest in the most fragile of environments.

I cant tell you how many meetings I have sat through in pre production going over this exact thing and being told how important "tread lightly" is.

Sorry, but I saw it and was just really surprised

That's Graham Jarvis who actually beat Taddy this year at Erzberg (but then was disqualified for missing a check by a few yards)

He's an English rider riding in England. One has to assume it is private property because of the lack of public land in that country. Also, the rules that govern recreation and nature not the same as they are here.

Dave you are clearly observant and a great ambassador to the sport. Keep up the good work.

Ben

I have been riding the mountains of eastern Wa. a lot of years, probably longer than most of you, and what I have seen is an improvement in the trails. It seems that riders of today are very much more cautious, and attentive to how they use the trails. Yes it is obvious that there are more riders using the trails, however there is far less cutting of corners, traveling off trails than there was pre 1990's. My hats off to you younger riders.:bonk:

I have been riding the mountains of eastern Wa. a lot of years, probably longer than most of you, and what I have seen is an improvement in the trails. It seems that riders of today are very much more cautious, and attentive to how they use the trails. Yes it is obvious that there are more riders using the trails, however there is far less cutting of corners, traveling off trails than there was pre 1990's. My hats off to you younger riders.:bonk:

Yup! I would agree. However, the volunteer attention focused on the lesser mileage available keeps the trails in better shape as well.

]Heaven forbid someone ride a off-road motorcycle.......... offroad.
[/color]

I don't know where you ride, but in the mountains where I ride, I used to see where riders cut corners spinning their tires, and many places where they randomly climbed hills, of course spinning tires all the way up. Two things happen, One, when winter snow runs off it washes those ruts even deeper than they were, Two, Mom and Pop tree huggers see this near their camp ground, or on their favorite hiking trail, and can't wait to drop a dime to their political rep. to complain. Therefore more restrictions for riders. I see a lot less of this type of riding now, than a few years ago, use common sense, if you have it, when riding OFF ROAD!!:bonk::smirk:

I'm going out on the limb here...

I don't see the problem. I don't see any park signs, nor any "no offroad" signs? I see a commercial for a private company. Why would anyone jump to the conclusion that this is not private land? :bonk:

Seems oversensitivity can be a universal trait.

• Like 1

I don't see the problem. I don't see any park signs, nor any "no offroad" signs? I see a commercial for a private company. Why would anyone jump to the conclusion that this is not private land? :bonk:

Bingo

Oh thats right, there is no sign, must be ok :banana:

Yes, oversensitivity is universal, thats why we are loosing so many of our ridding areas :smirk:

My point is, this just seems to be yet another bullet in the gun, pointed at us dirt bikers, used by those looking to find a reason to take away our areas to ride.

For personal use, fine, no issue. To promote the sport, IMO it's a bad idea.

That is flat out awesome. I always knew I was a wanna be dirt bike rider and that video confirmed it. I ain't ever gonna be the real deal. I loved it.