Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse+ magura

Hi,

Made the switch from ktm to honda :bonk:,so im new here.

Anyway,since coming from ktm a hydraulic clutch is a must,Im thinking on putting a magura unit for my 2012 crf250r,also would like to try a rekluse..

Can someone tell how the stock cable clutch works with rekluse core exp?

I have ridden a ktm with a rekluse z start pro,and it was really nice,clutch lever feel was normal,only at idle it was little soft,it hooked up perfectly and was set up so it did not slip.

So if anyone has experience on maybe both magura+rekluse id love to hear how you feel about it.

Magura or rekluse(core or z-start pro) or magura+rekluse? :smirk:

Sorry for many questions but just thought that id like to hear some comments before i go spend a huge pile of my hard earned cash :banana:

-T-

Oh and im not looking for a scooter type set up,I do race in B class,the auto clutch just comes handy when you crash or get too tired so it wont stall :

I initially installed an EXP 2.0 Clutch Kit and they replace a few of the drive and friction plates with the EXP assembly and the stock clutch springs with heavier ones that make the clutch pull really stiff... This was accentuated by me running ASV shorty levers... I understand this is not as much an issue with full-length levers. The EXP 2.0 works flawlessly if you are looking for stall resistance, easy climbs of steep slopes, and easy ability to start the bike in gear. Plus the EXP 2.0 kit does come with a range of springs to adjust the engagement RPM.

I had been running z-Start Pros in my CRF450R's and really liked the easy manual override clutch pull so I switched to a z-Start Pro for my 2012 CRF250R, and I really like the combo. I started off with the softest clutch spring and the lowest engagement RPM, and found it was too low for a stock motor. Switched out the last race to the medium spring and it was much better. I've ridden large displacement 4 strokes most of my life, so I'm not much of a clutch slipper, and I like the controlled slippage the Rekluse z-Start Pro gives. The Core EXP is supposed to be lighter than the ball bearing based z-Start Pro, so you get less rotating weight and better throttle response.

I still have the EXP 2.0 Kit - PM me if interested.

I would use the rekluse pro and leave the stock cable because the pull is just a fraction to override the clutch balls compared to the old clutch springs that are gone with the pro. The other thing is the magura will take up the slack of a zstart pro and will hold the clutch open part of the time so i don't think you can use both. rekluse support is great they would answer this in a second.. if you want to use the exp i think you can use both

I initially installed an EXP 2.0 Clutch Kit and they replace a few of the drive and friction plates with the EXP assembly and the stock clutch springs with heavier ones that make the clutch pull really stiff... This was accentuated by me running ASV shorty levers... I understand this is not as much an issue with full-length levers. The EXP 2.0 works flawlessly if you are looking for stall resistance, easy climbs of steep slopes, and easy ability to start the bike in gear. Plus the EXP 2.0 kit does come with a range of springs to adjust the engagement RPM.

I had been running z-Start Pros in my CRF450R's and really liked the easy manual override clutch pull so I switched to a z-Start Pro for my 2012 CRF250R, and I really like the combo. I started off with the softest clutch spring and the lowest engagement RPM, and found it was too low for a stock motor. Switched out the last race to the medium spring and it was much better. I've ridden large displacement 4 strokes most of my life, so I'm not much of a clutch slipper, and I like the controlled slippage the Rekluse z-Start Pro gives. The Core EXP is supposed to be lighter than the ball bearing based z-Start Pro, so you get less rotating weight and better throttle response.

I still have the EXP 2.0 Kit - PM me if interested.

Hey thank you for a good comment,if I choose to go rekluse I think it will be a core exp or z-start pro.

There is a difference between exp and core exp.

The z start pro that I rode was so damn good that I just might do that,and I do slip the clutch a lot since these 250`s need that :bonk:,

so I want the clutch to engage really low,and sharp when you want the revs up with a blip of clutch.

Oh and on 250 sx-f I did not notice any difference on throttle response,those ktm`s have enough juice to spin a rekluse,and I hope that Honda has too :smirk:

I would use the rekluse pro and leave the stock cable because the pull is just a fraction to override the clutch balls compared to the old clutch springs that are gone with the pro. The other thing is the magura will take up the slack of a zstart pro and will hold the clutch open part of the time so i don't think you can use both. rekluse support is great they would answer this in a second.. if you want to use the exp i think you can use both

Thank you,Im leaning towards z-start pro.

So if I got you right the clutch pull is very light on that pro clutch,but you still have a good feel on the lever even on low rpm?

I know that on ktm hydraulic clutch it was fine,just wondering if the cabel will make it different,guess not that much?

i have had both the core exp (in my crf250) and z start pro (in my kx450) both work great. If your going with the rekluse there is no need for the hydraulic clutch. If you have any questons about it though i would contact rekluse either on here or call them they have very good customer service and have always answered every question i have had

Another option you may like to consider is a LHRB with clutch overide lever. I ride my 250 like a mountain bike....great combo. (Z-start pro)