Sign in to follow this  

Engine Cleaning

What do you guys use to clean engine cases, clutch covers and such? I have soda blasted my engine but it doesn't look like new yet, or at least as new as I want it to.

Simple Green does nice, Castrol Super Clean, etc.

I even found "purple power" in a "dollar store".

A little warm water does much better than cold water. on a warm ( not hot) bike.

just avoid a pressure washer.. they are great for removing gaskets !

I used "acid wash" stuff from a professional pressure washer guy once.... the unpainted clutch cover on a CR250R started to smoke ! ??? Magnesium is funky stuff !

If you want it to look new, re-paint it and never ride it again.

bikes are 'sposed to dirty !

Once the thin finish coating is gone, aluminum will never look like new again. Unless polished.

What do you guys use to clean engine cases, clutch covers and such? I have soda blasted my engine but it doesn't look like new yet, or at least as new as I want it to.

garden hose for the large gobs of mud & a pair of needle nose pliers for pulling out all the stuck weeds/grass & wedged in rocks & pebbles.

FYI - make sure to get all the pieces of grass that sometimes catch in the brake calipers & "hide" between the pads & rotor.:bonk:

Simple Green does nice, Castrol Super Clean, etc.

I even found "purple power" in a "dollar store".

A little warm water does much better than cold water. on a warm ( not hot) bike.

just avoid a pressure washer.. they are great for removing gaskets !

I used "acid wash" stuff from a professional pressure washer guy once.... the unpainted clutch cover on a CR250R started to smoke ! ??? Magnesium is funky stuff !

If you want it to look new, re-paint it and never ride it again.

bikes are 'sposed to dirty !

I know brother but the bike is all torn down and getting gone through. The bike should be spotless at least once in The owners possession. Thanks for the replies guys!