Sign in to follow this  

FMF Silencer Opinions, KTM 300

I just picked up a new FMF Gnarly for my 06 300 but need a matching silencer. I went with the 2011-12 Gnarly due to the different design; suppose to have better top end and mid range. Problem with that is the stock silencer will not work. So I am currently looking at all FMF has to offer. Anyone that has used the Turbine Core, Power Core, of Stealth Q please chime in.

How do each of these silencers effect power delivery, how loud are they, etc?

I like my Q-Stealth.

The can is larger in circumference than the stocker allowing more packing material...resulting in a quieter exhaust note. Also has a spark arrestor which the OEM can doesn't have.

They're all quality units IMO.

-Jay

I have the Q. Same size as stock but one pound lighter. It has the turbine core S/A and is quieter then the stock silencer that came on the bike.

i have the turbin core 2 and like it has a sa which is a plus. also if you get it from ktm hard parts you can get a black one. thats the one i have looks good and a bit different.

Turbine core 2 with sparky on my 2011 250xc and I absolutely hate it. No power difference that I can tell, but it is way louder than the oem silencer.

Thanks for the info guys. I went with the Powercore for now. I couldn't find much info directly comparing them on the KTM 250/300 but from what I read the sound level is the same as the Turbinecore. I didn't "need" the SA and since sound isn't any different I decided to save the $30.

As for the Stealth Q I have read it hurts the power for some people and it is not much quieter than stock? Maybe you guys who have it can comment? KTM Talk is where I was reading the mixed reviews on it. I did like the look of it and if it was noticably quieter than stock I would not have cared about the extra cost. Just could not justify it from the little info I could find.

Either way I'll post up a review of the 11-12 Gnarly and Powercore on the older 300 for you guys. I am hoping the new Gnarly works as well as people claim.

Thanks for the info guys. I went with the Powercore for now. I couldn't find much info directly comparing them on the KTM 250/300 but from what I read the sound level is the same as the Turbinecore. I didn't "need" the SA and since sound isn't any different I decided to save the $30.

As for the Stealth Q I have read it hurts the power for some people and it is not much quieter than stock? Maybe you guys who have it can comment? KTM Talk is where I was reading the mixed reviews on it. I did like the look of it and if it was noticably quieter than stock I would not have cared about the extra cost. Just could not justify it from the little info I could find.

Either way I'll post up a review of the 11-12 Gnarly and Powercore on the older 300 for you guys. I am hoping the new Gnarly works as well as people claim.

The Powercore is fine.

As far as KTMTalk is concerned...well, there's a reason I don't post over there.:banana: Opinions are fine there...as long as they conform to the opinions of the resident overlords.:smirk:

Looking forward to your post on the Gnarly.:bonk:

-Jay