Sign in to follow this  

US Chrome and Wiseco piston

i just got done tearing everything down to do a top end i was a little nervous cause i was getting some pre detonation right at the end there but i got 40+ hard hours on this piston this is the 2nd piston on the cylinder and gonna be a third......posting some pics to y i send my cyclinder to US CHROME and use weisco pistons...i measured the clylinder walls and they havent moved and are right on the money definatly worth spending the extra cash....not trying to start a piston thread fight.... just showing the results and y i love my RM :bonk::smirk:

piston.jpg

piston4.jpg

piston2.jpg

piston1.jpg

US Chrome have done six cylinders for me and all came back very well done. I got one tore down now that will test there welding skills.

You and my youngest Son have something in common....same race number :bonk:.

US Chrome have done six cylinders for me and all came back very well done. I got one tore down now that will test there welding skills.

You and my youngest Son have something in common....same race number :bonk:.

hell ya holdin down the 896....yea ive always had good luck with US Chrome i sent them my blown up CR cylinder that was murdered and it came back beautiful....the only thing ive hadda do is retap the little bolt holes cause of all that white powder shit in them...donno if u had the same problem

That piston is like new :bonk:

on spots on the piston it still has that roughness like how the wisecos come brand new

well what did you expect??

2 pistons in 40 hours, so it has only 20 hours on it..

and nikasil is meant to last many many years and hours

my pistons take 60 hours of beating, with after 30 hours a new set of rings

guess what, my pistons come out clean too

not one little mark from sand or whatever, but i guess thats because i take good care of my bike ^^

btw i use pro-x, and you can say that 50% of the time i go riding at the sandtrack, and believe me it's heavy sand, so the piston sure takes a beating

good maintenance is the key!

well what did you expect??

2 pistons in 40 hours, so it has only 20 hours on it..

and nikasil is meant to last many many years and hours

my pistons take 60 hours of beating, with after 30 hours a new set of rings

guess what, my pistons come out clean too

not one little mark from sand or whatever, but i guess thats because i take good care of my bike ^^

btw i use pro-x, and you can say that 50% of the time i go riding at the sandtrack, and believe me it's heavy sand, so the piston sure takes a beating

good maintenance is the key!

no 40+ hrs per piston so i have 80+hrs on the cylinder and gonna go another 40 on the cylinder...we go to the dunes alot here i prob have 6 dune trips on this piston... only couple hr drive to little sahara....and have sand tracks here also.....good maint is key yes and it def pays off just showing some aftermath of US CHROME work