Sign in to follow this  

yz125 hydraulic clutch kit

I was about to go that route with my bike. My clutch was a nightmare to pull. I put on new levers, new cables, lubed the cables all week, quadruple checked the cable routing and still nothing helped.

I bought an ASV C5 (I believe) pro model clutch perch and lever with the sealed bearings.

This thing is the smoothest easiest pull I've ever experienced.

Plus you keep the good modulation of a cable clutch. I hear the hydraulic clutches can be like a light switch, on or off.

Does it exist? Is it worth it? How hard is it to install?

My gf is kicking me off the PC otherwise I'd search. Thanks folks.

C

How bad can the clutch pull be on a 125? I'll totally understand if you tell me this is your girlfriends bike.

But seriously, try lubing the cable first, unless this really is your girlfriends bike.

Hard clutch pull on a 125 and your girlfriend kicking your ass... Maybe the problem isn't in the cable :bonk:

How bad can the clutch pull be on a 125? I'll totally understand if you tell me this is your girlfriends bike.

But seriously, try lubing the cable first, unless this really is your girlfriends bike.

Dunno. I have nothing to compare it to. That said I like to tinker and since clutch management is so important on a 2smoker I thought 'what the hell'.

Hard clutch pull on a 125 and your girlfriend kicking your ass... Maybe the problem isn't in the cable :bonk:

Heheh. I'm really just looking for upgrades that'll make a difference and give me something to do during the winter.

i put a billetanium hydraulic clutch and enduro engineering ez pull clutch lever on my 2001 wr250f, and boy what a difference! It was literally like pulling the brake handle on a 10 speed bike, modulaton was never a problem. Jealousy was. I dont know if they still make them, but Im sure the magura hymec unit is still available

That was funny,Are you using an OEM cable,Also are you using a cable lube system,I have a 125 also which I tried a different clutch cable other than stock and it sucked.I went back to stock and lubed with a injector type cable gadget.I only use TRY FLOW because it doesn't get thick in cold weather or runny whet it's hot out.

i put a billetanium hydraulic clutch and enduro engineering ez pull clutch lever on my 2001 wr250f, and boy what a difference! It was literally like pulling the brake handle on a 10 speed bike, modulaton was never a problem. Jealousy was. I dont know if they still make them, but Im sure the magura hymec unit is still available

Cool. Another project for the winter.

Might want to throw on a ball bearing throttle tube. I loved mine I just couldnt figure out the bark buster mount.

Put a magura on my rm250 made a huge difference, its not like a light switch either very smooth. I had an 05 yz125 and just put asv levers on it clutch pull wasn't hard then again never really was.

put stock clutch springs back in. If you are clutch has ever been changed chances are your clutch springs are heavy duty. Thats makes a huge difference in clutch pull.

Might want to throw on a ball bearing throttle tube. I loved mine I just couldnt figure out the bark buster mount.

I'm not sure I understand the aftermarket throttle tube market tbh. I had one issue and it was due to the tube being jammed inward after a fall...other than that the 9 year old stock plastic one seems fine.

Am I missing something? I mean, they're cheap enough.

Like someone said above. The magaura is an awesome hydraulic clutch set up. I never really seen one on like a yz but my buddy has an 11 ktm and you can literally pull the clutch in with your pinky.

The only proble i would have with the hydraulic kit is that the save cylinder i believe would sit right in front of your drive sprocket, and it sticks out a bit. So if your chain pops loose or anything else happens, you can crack that slave cylinder. And i dont know if anyone who makes a guard for that, i think MSR does but those are only for KTMs.

But dont get me wrong it is an excellent clutch system, but maybe before you spen the big amount try lubing your cable,, replacng it, or like everyone else said replace the clutch springs.

thanks and god bless

Alex

I'm not sure I understand the aftermarket throttle tube market tbh. I had one issue and it was due to the tube being jammed inward after a fall...other than that the 9 year old stock plastic one seems fine.

Am I missing something? I mean, they're cheap enough.

The thing with the ball bearing is that its every smooth when you twis the throttle. But personally the one at my work is like $70 and i dont think its really worth it. Now there is a manufacture out there that makes an aluminum throttle tube with different cams on the end where your cable attaches. they have different cams where you can control power delivery, or 1/4 turn.

The thing with the ball bearing is that its every smooth when you twis the throttle. But personally the one at my work is like $70 and i dont think its really worth it. Now there is a manufacture out there that makes an aluminum throttle tube with different cams on the end where your cable attaches. they have different cams where you can control power delivery, or 1/4 turn.

Hmmm...

It's a cheap enough gamble I might just take. Occurs to me as I read your feedback that one of the things I work on hard is smooth, precise throttle control during cornering...maybe eliminating 'sticky spots' in the twisting action that I'm currently not even concious of would help. Seems smooth enough in the garage, but I'm not trying to make 1/10th turn adjustments at 30km/h in sand in the garage either. heheh

I had the Aluminum pro taper tube that didn't even have the bearings in it and it was a night and day difference over the stock plastic. Plus once you buy one your done. that aluminum is strong as hell.