Sign in to follow this  

installing fastace fork on ssr125

I am wondering if anyone out there has installed fastace forks on a ssr 125? I have had to do some fabricating to get these to work.I had to remove the fork steering shaft that came with the fastace forks. it was to long and did not have enough threads to use it, i used the original ssr steering shaft. i had to turn down the bottom of the shaft in the lathe, so it would fit into the fastace triple tree. now that i have them mounted, i have a new problem. The brake caliper does not want to bolt up right and the caliper rides to far out on the brake rotor. I also noticed that the axle shaft is to small. I have a 12mm axle and the fastace forks are a 15mm hole, but that will be an easy fix (spacers)! Is there such a thing as bigger brakes? Has anyone else ran into this yet?

I've never done the swap but it sounds like you're running into a lot of problems due to the common size variations in chinese and Honda frames. There are two common lengths of steering stem lengths, 205mm is the the length of a stock Honda stem but some of the china 50 frames used a longer 225mm stem. I've seen people make the 225mm stems work by adding washers to take up the slack so that the nut will tighten down. 12mm axles are the stock size for Honda, a lot of China 50s that use disc brakes use a 15mm axle but you're on the right track, you can make or buy spacers to run with your axle withe the fast ace forks. As far as the caliper goes, again there are a few common sizes. Measure the distance between the screws that hold the caliper to the lower fork lug, its probably either 46 or 51mm, those are the two most common sizes, and then buy a new caliper accordingly. TboltUSA is a vendor on this size and is very knowledgeable about these bikes, I suggest contacting him.