leatt vs alpinestar

need to buy my kid anew brace

i know leatts reputation,but was wondering about the A star brace

the price isnt as important to me as saftey and quality

wondering who might have experiance with both types, and what the pros and cons are

thanks

I've used the Leatt and I own an Alpinestars brace. I fealt really limited with the leatt, the one I tried felt super bulky and almost irritated my collarbones. Then I tried the Bionic brace and honestly didn't even know it was there. I tried it with the straps and didnt like it so now I just ride strapless and havent had a problem yet. I like mine, so thumbs up for A-star's brace.

And I'm guessing you've never used the search function? This thread is all over the forum.

I own both. Leatt fits better because it's more customizable. Astar is more comfortable just didn't stay positioned well

yeah..ive used it just thought i would get some current more personalized input.so....thanks for your input

I've never tried the leat, but I do own a bns. I never notice the bns while riding, and I ride trail as well as track. And for the guy who wants to know "what makes you feel like wearing a brace is safer"? Well, a good friend of mine just broke his neck while mountain biking. I was right behind him when it happened. I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure that if he had a brace on, he wouldn't of had to spend four months at home with a halo screwed into his skull. I will never ride without one again, mountain or dirt biking...