Sign in to follow this  

Dual Yoshi pipes?

Anyone heard anything or tested these first hand? im in the proccess of doing a SM conversion, and really want the dual set up, not just for looks, but for a decent increase in performance. any info would be great!

do some searching in this forum and you'll find what your looking for....and if you read right, you wont end up with the dual's......MRD ftw!!!

I have thes pipes and they are nice but they do offer up some problems

1) If you want to use a jack (or) lift to get both wheels of the ground you have to remove the pipe

2) oil changes , You can get to the drain plug by removing the spring at the " Y" pipe on that side and another problem the oil tends to get on the Y pipe and with the skid plate still in place it's real difficult to clean the pipes . I found that removing the skid plate makes all this easier

3) I think that if you really moto a sm this is not the best pipe. If I was looking for a pure performance pipe this would not be it .

hope this helps and makes some since

IF you do decide to get the duals watch ebay, you can find good deals on new ones

If they weren't that good why was Kevin Schwantz racing them on his supermoto a few years back?

From what I understand he never really raced with pipes . more or less just wanted the look . Don;t know this for shur though .

You may have a point I never did see him actually race that bike, but I didn't see all the races either.

He raced the single pipe bike,and the duels that bike was often pictured with arnt the same design as the later market version,difficult to compare .

Everyone remembers that bike though so for Yoshi job done

If they weren't that good why was Kevin Schwantz racing them on his supermoto a few years back?

it was nearly 10 years ago now and he raced maybe once with them as i recall.

at copper mountian when i talked to him he prefered the single ti pipe for power and clearance.

the dual pipe bike never left the stand that weekend. he did win however!

I think the duals look good, probably the most expensive crash sliders you can find...

Not really,look at any sportsbike that has large twin silencers in the same position,all would suffer the same fate if the bike went down,and no body moans to a great extent about those,if anyone was planning on racing a DRZ then the RS4's wouldnt even be considered as its not THE power set up,the way i look at it is,if the bike goes down on the road and i walk away relativly unscathed,im not bothered about the state of the bike......

They do tuck in better than most people think though.

Not really,look at any sportsbike that has large twin silencers in the same position,all would suffer the same fate if the bike went down,and no body moans to a great extent about those,if anyone was planning on racing a DRZ then the RS4's wouldnt even be considered as its not THE power set up,the way i look at it is,if the bike goes down on the road and i walk away relativly unscathed,im not bothered about the state of the bike......

They do tuck in better than most people think though.

most riders have insurance that covers there pipes........they crash, they claim, they collect, why would they moan and groan?

Seems every man man and his dog moans about the Duels on here !

My point was my condition would be of more importance than if the cans got bent thats all !