Sign in to follow this  

Big Bore kit for a 2011 250xcf-w six days

Hello guys, i am writing because i would like to get a big bore kit for my bike. as i said on the topic title , it is a 2011 250xcf-w six days. i would like to jump to somewhere in between 300 to 350. The problem is that i live in Venezuela, so i would need a kit that they can send me to my country and i can install it here. i also would like a kit that comes with a new cylinder, so i dont have to touch the original one. i have a friend who can get good prices from athena, and a friend of mine bought the athena 300cc kit for is husky, it came with the cylinder, piston, rings, everything, the thing is that i have been trying to find out if athena makes a kit for my bike and i couldnt find anything. if any of you guys know of a kit that from ATHENA that will fit my bike it would be better because i can get good prices from then. in case none of you know about any athena kits, any other suggestion about a kit that comes with new cylinder, pistons and everything so i dont have to touch the stock one will be highly apreciated.

thanks in advanced for your answers guys, hope to read your opinions on which kit to get.

ps: sorry about the english mistakes. english is not my first lenguage. hope i made myself clrear and you guys know what im talking about and what i need!

hey MrHix. i like what you said about the thumper racing beeing bolt on, but as i said, my english is not that good. when you said "you can pay the core charge" what do you mean?? what is a "core"? does that mean that they will sell me a new cylinder?? thanks for your answer man.

dave-g, you said your son has a 280 kit from athena, do you know if they make a bigger kit??

thanks gauys for taking the time to answer

Most of the big bore companies want you to exchange your cylinder for theirs or you have to pay extra if you want to keep your old one. That would be considered a "core charge".

hey MrHix. i like what you said about the thumper racing beeing bolt on, but as i said, my english is not that good. when you said "you can pay the core charge" what do you mean?? what is a "core"? does that mean that they will sell me a new cylinder?? thanks for your answer man.

dave-g, you said your son has a 280 kit from athena, do you know if they make a bigger kit??

No they stop at 280. Seem to add a lot more on the low end of the power band which is what my son wanted for hare scrambles.

As Throttlejockey said, if Thumper Racing has a spare cylinder available, they can put the sleeve in it and send it to you. They will charge you for the original cylinder they put the sleeve into. Talk to Travis at Thumper Racing to get the latest story. He may be able to return your "core" charge if you decide to send him your cylinder later.

Have Fun!

MrHix