Sign in to follow this  

CRF150r valves

Damo

I'm by no means an expert in this area, but it is my understanding that the titanium valves are lighter and wear out quicker than stainless steel. On the contrary stainless are heavier but last longer. But Both of these valves are excellent though.

Hey i have a 08 crf 150rb and i was wondering if i should ever check my valves just to see if everything is okay? or should i rely on the Honda??

I don't check my valves unless my bike becomes hard to start. It can't hurt to check them; or just let it RIP!!!!! :smirk:

hi me and my mate are rebuilding my engine i was wondering what valves would perform good and last long titanium or stainless steel

Thanks Damo

I would personally go with the Ti valves for performance reasons. But if your looking for something that lasts longer stainless is probably the way to go. Or you can check out crfheads.com and see if he has any recommendations for your bike.

Hey i have a 08 crf 150rb and i was wondering if i should ever check my valves just to see if everything is okay? or should i rely on the Honda??

Nothing wrong with checking them every so often. At least a couple of times a year. Staying on top of maintenance is a good way to prevent a major problem.

If you want to go ti, you will need to change your seats and guides. It will be very costly.

Both Titanium and Stainless Steel will last way longer then Reg Steel Valve and they don't stretched as eazy as reg steel dose.

Con's with Titanium Valve do need to change your valve seats, valve guides and valve springs which will cost you lot money to have done.

Pro's with Titanium Valve is it lighten your valvetrain, in order to rev and make power faster.

And yes it always good idea to be on top of valves maintenance is a good way to prevent a major top end problem's.

Okay thanks guys i think i might have to do a check up doesnt wanna fire up the way it used to.

I understand from the hop up companies that the intake valve seats can become pitted. Needs to drilled out and replaced with a new seat. Apparently the exhaust seats dont have issue and dont need to be replaced.

I understand from the hop up companies that the intake valve seats can become pitted. Needs to drilled out and replaced with a new seat. Apparently the exhaust seats dont have issue and dont need to be replaced.

keep incoming air clean intakes last long time rev it ride it to its potential and stock exhausts last 15 to 20 hrs