Sign in to follow this  

CV Carb problems

Taken the carb off to try and sort out the missing was running fine before i did this except for the missing when warm , took of the bowl of removed the jets and blew them out with carb cleaner and replaced the diafram. All clean inside anyway.

Now it will no draw the fuel through , if i remove the plug and tip a bit of petrol down the hole no problem :bonk:

time for the FCR

Hi chooken , yes but without the whe whole lot valves cams ect ect i would not bother , anyway there is more than enought grunt for the mud this time of year !

the only things that come to mind are jets installed in wrong location - i've read that the starter jet & main jet can inter-change or float was bumped & float level is now way off.

Yes i did think of that ive going to check the carb diagram on the miro f.

If the float bowl is empty maybe the float valve is sticking, mine does that everytime I empty the bowl for storage. You can check by opening the drain screw, you can loosen it with a soft tap using a screwdriver handle.

If the float bowl is empty maybe the float valve is sticking, mine does that everytime I empty the bowl for storage. You can check by opening the drain screw, you can loosen it with a soft tap using a screwdriver handle.

Tryed that fuel coming out of the drain pipe :bonk:

It is easy to see if your needle and seat are working . Connect the carb to fuel and without the float bowl attached , just lift the float gently by hand it should cut off the flow of fuel . Wait a few secs and release the float . Does it stick or does it release the flow of fuel ? greg

It is easy to see if your needle and seat are working . Connect the carb to fuel and without the float bowl attached , just lift the float gently by hand it should cut off the flow of fuel . Wait a few secs and release the float . Does it stick or does it release the flow of fuel ? greg

nice post, got me some carb issues..will have to try this!