Sign in to follow this  

What do you do with end of season gasoline????

I heard some people mention that during the riding season they try to use only fresh gas in their bikes and pour the older gas into their automobile gas tank. I have that situation now with some gas that I would like to get rid of. I considered just burning it in my snow blower but the gas I am getting rid of is 32:1 and 40:1 premix. I didn't realize this before but I know now that the resulting air fuel ration will be very lean because of this. I do not want to mess up my snow blower engine. I guess that leaves the car engine since the fuel injection should make up for the leaner gas with oil in it. But would this screw up the catalytic converters or something?

I pour it into a full tank of gas in my truck - never had a problem :bonk:.

I'll second that. I actually have a CRF now but back when I had a CR I just dumped it in my car. Never noticed a thing.

how much gas....if your truck already has a lot of gas in it, adding 2-3 gallons of premix to 15 gallons of regular gas would be pretty diluted. Wouldn't be a problem

I heard some people mention that during the riding season they try to use only fresh gas in their bikes and pour the older gas into their automobile gas tank. I have that situation now with some gas that I would like to get rid of. I considered just burning it in my snow blower but the gas I am getting rid of is 32:1 and 40:1 premix. I didn't realize this before but I know now that the resulting air fuel ration will be very lean because of this. I do not want to mess up my snow blower engine. I guess that leaves the car engine since the fuel injection should make up for the leaner gas with oil in it. But would this screw up the catalytic converters or something?

You are incorrect about the machine running "lean" because of the oil. It'll be just fine in the snowblower - they run rich early in the season anyway. If you are worried about it for some reason, then dump it into your car. I dump old premix in my truck all the time.

JayC

Just move to Socal. there is no end of season.

Very funny:lol: I would in a heartbeat but too many libs over that way.:smirk: I hate winter but am kinda stuck here. Ya know,family and all.:bonk:

Just move to Socal. there is no end of season.

what about green/red stickers? i thought those dictated when and where to ride.

put it in the car, use it as fire starter.

I guess I will put it in the truck then. Thanks guys

Well I tried running it in the truck and it ran like crap.:bonk: Thanks for helping me get rid of my old gas though. I don't need to worry about it anymore. Truck runs better now that it's all burned up. So I guess there were no long lasting problems.

you can do one of these, or maybe more:

1. find out what happens by putting it in your car

2. use it to start a bon fire

3. or use it as a solvent when you detail your bike this winter

there are many uses for old gas, you just gotta find the one that is best for your stuff.

I run old premix in everything I own. I don't think my lawnmower has ever even had straight gas in it...:smirk:

Me too. My lawnmower and snowblower think they are two strokes!:bonk: