Sign in to follow this  

04 kx125 05 yz125 or 06 yz125

I'm looking at buying a new/used 125 to race...a 250f is more than I can afford and im not sure which is a Better bike...I'd really like some opinions so I can make a decision.. really what is the best smoker available?? Thanks

I'm looking at buying a new/used 125 to race...a 250f is more than I can afford and im not sure which is a Better bike...I'd really like some opinions so I can make a decision.. really what is the best smoker available?? Thanks

All of the newest gens are great! RM ia a nice bike, yz is also real nice! But 07 and up 125/144/150sx is really hard to beat!

If you were close to Maryland I have a 06 cr125 for sale pretty cheap and nice.

But I'd go with kx or the 06 yz.

Had a 03 kx125 and was and awesome bike all around. Never been on a yz125 do don't have much input on them but have heard a lot of good stuff on them.

I can't afford to ride ktm... I'm stuck between the rm kx and yz....I'm really thinking just get whichever I can get the best deal on considering condition etc...I think the yz seems to be the favorite but I really like hearing the opinions.....thanks and I look fowards to more posts

I love the KX, but the YZ isn't a bad bike, so my suggestion would be to buy the bike that is in the best condition.

Alright I'm throwing a 03 rm in the mix too....the kx may be out as he hasn't replied to me... the 06 yz has a 139 kit in it....i don't really know if I should go that route or not?? The 05 is stock so is the rm(engine wise)

Edited by radnews
typo

I would get the 06 YZ in a second. they run great, turn like their on rails, and feel super light. The newer YZ's and KTM's are the best 125s made to date.

What about the 139 kit? Anyone have an opinion on it?

Who made the 139kit? Give us more info.. :bonk:

If the guy with the KX never replies and you have to choose between the YZ or the RM the YZ would be the bike that i had chosen. The alu frame from 05+ is really sweet.

Who made the 139kit? Give us more info..

It's the Max power RPM 139 big bore kit with wiesco piston to match. Yea I really would like to have the aluminum frame and the kx are all steel

Edited by radnews
typo

Who made the 139kit? Give us more info..

It's the Max power RPM 139 big bore kit with wiesco piston to match. Yea I really would like to have the aluminum frame and the kx are all steel

Aluminum frame my :bonk:, Everybody has a YZ... Forward Motion sells a ported 144 Kit for the KX for under $500 shipped, no case grinding and you will have something different out on the track... I finished 2nd in points @ in our vet 30 class against about 40 250-450's on my 03 KX 125!

Go KX! Id like to thank everyone for your input and time! I have found a 04 Kx 125 thats just sick and clean for a steal ... Got the deal all set up. I found what i wanted. I talked to the dude with the first of only two kx's i found and he blew the motor and was wanting almost 400 more! This KX is ready to go and the 05 yz ..gone..06 he just wanted too much and I wasnt a fan of the 139kit ... Watch out thumpers I got a smoker:thumbsup: Thanks again all!:bonk:

Aluminum frame my :smirk:, Everybody has a YZ... Forward Motion sells a ported 144 Kit for the KX for under $500 shipped, no case grinding and you will have something different out on the track... I finished 2nd in points @ in our vet 30 class against about 40 250-450's on my 03 KX 125!

Hell yeah! Yea forward motion is who I was looking at today....maybe exactly what I end up doing. :banana::bonk: