Sign in to follow this  

Which Foot Pegs Do You Recommend?

I'm looking to replace the factory foot pegs on my '06 CRF450. I was wondering what advice you guys/girls have on brand, model, and supplier? I'm not looking to break the bank, but would like a somewhat bigger then stock platform to add a little stability, and thought I‘d ask.

Edited by riderwestslope

I put the Stainless steel Light Speed Pegs ( $ 99 ) on my CRF250, and like them. But I would look in to the O.E.M. pegs on the 2012 CRF's. The mounts are all the same.

They are wider than in the past , and may be cheaper than others.

I had Sunline Arch pegs on another bike and loved them. When I replaced the stock pegs on my 08 CRF I put Arch pegs on again. They're bigger than stock but not like Harley running boards or anything. And the arch in them makes your boot contact with the peg a lot better.

I have the IMS Pro Series. They are only a little wider than the stock pegs on my '07. When I first got them I thought about returning them since they were so close in size to the stock ones. After they became nearly smooth many hours later I put the stock ones back on since they were like new. I was so uncomfortable riding with them. Although similar width to stock at the pivot side, on the outside the IMS is much more square. I sharped up and re-installed the IMS pegs.

Fast way seems to be the biggest platform. I am really happy with mine and they have taken plenty of rock hits with little damage.

I put CRFStuff.Com Ti foot pegs. 1/2 pound lighter, they are wider and more open so no mud packing. They cost $175 which is more than SS but a bargin for Ti.

I have had good luck with fastway pegs. They are much wider than stock and you can adjust them down and back and the toe can be moved up or down. The cleats are also adjustable and can be replaced.

I know most people stick up their nose at Tusk stuff, and frankly I can understand why from looking at how low they are priced... But I have to say, every Tusk product I have ever purchased for my wife's CR80R I have been impressed by the quality and of course the price is dirt cheap.

So I thought I'd give them a go on my no expenses spared CRF450R supermoto... I bought their billet foot pegs and I'm again astounded by the quality, look, and feel of the product. And for $60, how can I complain?

I'll post pictures later.

I've been using a set of stainless Pro Circuit pegs for the past couple years and I love them. The teeth aren't very sharp to begin with compared to IMS, but I have not had any problem with slippage.

Torc1 make a good set, and so does Warp 9 both have replaceable teeth and are wider then stock.

http://www.usdualsports.com/

Not a Fan of the Torc1 or any of the aluminum pegs. A friend of mine snapped a Torc1 right at the pivot point. It looked like it was cast, not billet...I can see maybe for lighter riders, or kids bikes but for big bikes the flexibility of steel and titanium is key. I'd much rather have a mangled, bent peg that is still rideable than one sitting on the dirt on the track.

i have a set of IMS steel pegs on my 450 and a set of SS sunline arch pegs om my 250, and love both. i initially had a set of the arch Ti pegs, but after a few rides, one snapped at the pivot on a fairly big downhill. went back and forth with sunline for a while, and finally got them to replace the Ti ones with the SS pegs. i ate the extra cost of the Ti for piece of mind. the cast Ti they use is pretty shitty. form what i hear, they updated the design to add more bracing under the pivot, but its still the same metal.

here is a pic of the jump that almost made me soil me shorts when i found out i only had 1 peg...luckily, the corners are stacked with thick foam blocks.. take off and landing are the red arrows.

P1000205.jpg

P1000202.jpg

P1000207.jpg

P1000201.jpg