Sign in to follow this  

Question to 2.5AH Turntech batt users

I'm about to order a Turntech battery and I'm leaning towards the smaller 2.5AH although the mfg has recommended I use the larger 5Ah.

I'm worried the smaller battery won't spin the motor with the auto decomp cut off the camshaft.

Anybody using the smaller Turntech successfully w/o decomp in the camshaft?

My friend says his KTM 400exc has auto decomp, installed the Turntech 2.5 battery, and even though he says it starts "great" every time, whenever I hear it, it sounds like it is struggling to get that initial crank going.

If I ever bought one, I'd go for the 5Ah just based on hearing his bike crank.

My friend says his KTM 400exc has auto decomp, installed the Turntech 2.5 battery, and even though he says it starts "great" every time, whenever I hear it, it sounds like it is struggling to get that initial crank going.

If I ever bought one, I'd go for the 5Ah just based on hearing his bike crank.

you know the LiPo batteries aren't outputting all that strong until they've warmed, right ? The first hit is slow spinning, then after that it should be full on.

I run the 2.5ah with a 12:1 drz440 but I have an auto decompression hot cam and a back up kick starter. If I were in your shoes I'd go with the 5ah.

I ordered one of these today. Looks like a perfect fit. I'll let you know if it will start a big no decomp motor as soon as I get it.

8 Cell EVO2 (2113-0259)

Dimensions: 4.5"L x 2.3"W x 3.5"H

Positive Terminal Location: Left

Weight: 825 grams (1.81 lb)

Voltage (Charged): 13.6V

Amperage: 15 Pbeq A/H

Cold Cranking Amps: 275 CCA

Operating Environment: -18°C (0°F) to 60°C (140°F)

Typical Applications: 1000cc and under multi-cylinder motorcycles and 450cc singles.

100-011-8cell13clip.jpg

I ordered one of these today. Looks like a perfect fit. I'll let you know if it will start a big no decomp motor as soon as I get it.

8 Cell EVO2 (2113-0259)

Dimensions: 4.5"L x 2.3"W x 3.5"H

Positive Terminal Location: Left

Weight: 825 grams (1.81 lb)

Voltage (Charged): 13.6V

Amperage: 15 Pbeq A/H

Cold Cranking Amps: 275 CCA

Operating Environment: -18°C (0°F) to 60°C (140°F)

Typical Applications: 1000cc and under multi-cylinder motorcycles and 450cc singles.

Impressive specs and smaller than stock battery except for height...6"L x 2.5"W x 3.7"H

Impressive specs and smaller than stock battery except for height...6"L x 2.5"W x 3.7"H

Thats what I thought but the hight includes the terminals. They set on the outside of the battery box. The part that goes in the batt box is the same as the stock battery. I have a non working 4 cell demo batt from our Parts Unlimited rep that I tried in the battery box and looks like the 8 cell will fit without any problems.