Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Shane Watts Dirtwise Hardcore Albany, OR

I just ran accross some pictures from the Shane watts Dortwise Hardcore class last summer in albany, OR...what an awesome experience! I'll dig up some more as my motivation level at work today fades...:bonk:

IMG0270.jpg

IMG0347.jpg

IMG0604.jpg

IMG0614-2.jpg

IMG0640-2.jpg

thats awesome. how was the guy anyway?
I watched the first instructional video 'the guy' recorded before heading to the Albany school. I figured it was going to be rough as the guy on camera wasn't feeling good in his own skin.

At the school, totally different guy. Superb teacher and coach. Very much in his element while instructing a class, and while he's a quiet guy (to generalize), he certainly had plenty to say.

Shane rode 61 miles with me and some guys in the Burn this past May. Probably didn't say 61 words! I had more miles charted out for us but we decided to call it quits when 177E ran out of gas at 50 miles. Still made it to 61 by the time we reached the trucks.

Go to his school if you can make it happen. Worth every penny.

His class is on my list to do someday, until then I will keep practicing at my training facility.

thats awesome. how was the guy anyway?

Shane is a fantastic coach and teacher. I have taken both his regular dirtwise class and the dirtwise hardcore class and really enjoyed them both. The activities and excercises are top notch and the group smalk class dynamic works very well.

I was attempting and completing things i would not have dreamed by the end of two challenging days

I'll be back this year for sure!!!:bonk:

I have done the Dirtwise and would love to do the hardcore class. It was a blast and I learned a lot.

Go for it! you won't regret it!!

at the hardcore class on day two we had been having a LOT of fun and hammering ourselves and our bikes pretty hard. There was one excercise where only a couple of us were able to complete but everyone learned ALOT...we were heading up a fire road to the next excercise when shane stopped on the road. To our right was a 25-30 foot embankment that was VERY steep and then at the top it went vertical for the last 5 feet or so. beyond that the hill continued up to the peak of the mountain at a very steep grade. Shane looks up the hill and says "lets go"...we all lookmed at him in disbelief....and maybe a little horror. Now I will admit I was out of my league in this particular group when it came to raw speed and/or talent but my stength lies in a willingness to sacrifice my body and/or bike for a good time...:smirk::bonk:

so I watch as shane hits this hill and just flies off the top...hangs in the air for a couple seconds then drops stright down on the top of the hill...lands throttle open and roosts up the hill...still pretty scarfed but determined not to chicken out I start circling on the road building up the nerve...shane comes back down just as I am aborting my first try...he rides up along side and asks what's up. At this pint I am just a little unsure of how fast or hard to hit the thing...shane says "ok...put it in second, stay 2 feet off my fender and hold it open...i'll make sure you don't land on me..!!"

well I'm not about to pass up an opportunity like this so I trust his judgement and up we go....I swear I hung in the air for a good 12 minutes... landed it and rode at least a little wasy up the hill.

I am not an MX guy or a jumper by any means but THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!