Sign in to follow this  

A few pics.

The kdx is a 2003 i bought . was stored in a garage by original owner. It had 70 miles on it. needed carb rebuilt. tires were dry rotted. Put michelin m12 and s 12 on it. installed force 3 reeds , fmf gnarly desert pipe and silencer, kx125 number plate, and maier rear fender. Klx is a 2005 , with about 250 miles on it. the owner used an aluminum cleaner on engine. it has all free mods, and new dunlop tires. race tech 44 fork springs. The skid plate is for a xr 400 i found at a yard sale for 5 bucks. i cut the sides off. It has the magura throttle mod with bike cable, and a ported header pipe. I replaced the radiator scoops and side panels with the ones off my 98 parts bike, because the factory decals were perfect. I also used and cut the front sprocket cover from the 98 , because i got tired of mud and sticks bunching up in front sprocket area.

Thank you for the comments. Hands down the kdx is a better all around bike. I like it alot . Its lighter, faster , quicker and handles alot better. The klx to me is more of a "trail" bike. Its fun, its light for a 4 stroke, and does do better than alot of people think. Im ocd when it comes to keeping my bikes clean...

yes they do run as good as they look..thanks..lol. :bonk:

I was looking for a KDX220 before I decided on the KLX. Other than 20cc of displacement, is there any other differences between the 200 & 220? I'm thinking of selling my XR400 this spring & picking up something else, maybe a KDX or WR250.

I had a xr 400 ( 2000 model i bought new) for about 6 years. keep it if its in good shape . :bonk: As for a kdx 220, everything is the same on both bikes (200 & 220) except for the bore and carb size. 220 has smaller carb. If you buy a 220 and its stock, just replace the piston with a wiesco ( clean the kips parts while your at it) and ride it. Try to find one that has the mods you think you would make also, it will save you money in the long run. Ive seen several good ones on craigslist. since most of these bikes are bullet proof, and the condition of the bike dictates price. The wr 250 is a great bike and there are many more good 4 stroke bikes and 2 strokes out there, but when you compare maintaince on the two bikes the kdx will be a cheaper buy in and cheaper to keep running and maintain. And the kdx is lighter weight. Yea you will give up a little power but the weight does make a difference at the end of the day. The only thing that makes you slower is your riding ability. Ive had hondas and yamahas all my life, but you cant go wrong with a good kdx. Merry Christmas,All

I miss my kdx220 for trail riding. I wanted something i could make street legal and not mix fuel. I puchased a new 07 klx300. Being street legal it is nice to have the option to ride to the trail head.