Sign in to follow this  

Front brakes

Hello all,

I've been working on my 08 over winter and I got to rebuilding the front master cylinder because the front brakes felt really squishy. After the rebuild it doesn't feel much different, and I'm wondering if the 08 brakes weren't firm or if i'm bleeding them incorrectly. Is there any tricks? I've tried the zip-ty lever to the bars, and it firmed up a bit but i can still pull the lever to the grip no problem. are there any tricks to firm the lever up a bit or am i S.O.L.?

Thanks for your help in advance! :bonk:

My bet would be on air in line or need new brake line?

Brake line bleeding is an art and hard to do. May wanta try bleeding again to be safe.

I'm fully capable of any brake bleeding process, just need to know what the process is.. :bonk: The brake line is stock 08, could it really be bad after 4 years?

bleeding process for brakes is just about the same for any brakes out there. Pump lever and hold firm, open bleeder let fluid/air shoot out, close beeder and repeat. Make sure there is fluid in res during whole process. Or you can use a power bleeder or mighty vac which is much faster and easier. Basically it attaches to the bleeder and sucks fluid through the whole system.

bleeding process for brakes is just about the same for any brakes out there. Pump lever and hold firm, open bleeder let fluid/air shoot out, close beeder and repeat. Make sure there is fluid in res during whole process. Or you can use a power bleeder or mighty vac which is much faster and easier. Basically it attaches to the bleeder and sucks fluid through the whole system.

I'm familiar with the mighty vac and the conventional bleeding processes, just curious if there was any other way out there to get the job done. i searched for a familiar thread and I keep seeing where people are back bleeding the brakes with a syringe from the caliper to the master, any insight on this process? :bonk: thanks for the advice!