Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Know About These Bike Carriers?

Im In The Market For A Bike Carrier Or Small Trailer. These Seem Really Affordable. Almost Too Cheap. I Wonder About Qaulity. Im Skeptical And Almost Would Rather Spend More Money On One But Would Like One Of These If Their Of Good Qaulity.

Does Anyone Have Any Experience With These Or Know Anyone Who Has One? Thanks!

Looking A These Two

http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-carrier.htm

http://www.discountramps.com/dirt-bike-hitch-carrier.htm

My buddy has one and it works awesome.

I have one of their ramps and like it.

I have the amc-400 and I love it for the money. If you don't expect something super-fancy for $130, I'm sure you'll like it too. I can tell you that I prefer to haul using this over hauling with my trailer. One thing I noticed when I bought mine was that if you buy it from their ebay store, shipping is free.

I've had mine for 3 years and have never had a problem with it. Works great!! However, I've never used in on long trips (2 Plus hours). I use four tie-downs on mine.

I have the AMC-400. I like it. The only issue I had was the collar that keeps the rack from rocking back and forth would come loose and the bike and rack would start to rock back and forth. To fix this I drilled a small dent(1/8" deep) into the hitch itself. Now when I tighten the collar down, the bolts have something to grab hold of and won't work themselves loose. Hope this helps.:bonk: I also use three straps(2 on handlebars; one on subframe)to keep bike from moving.