Sign in to follow this  

parking brake for auto clutch???

i just bought a 07 450exc with a revloc in it...it has a LHRB lever on it...does anyone make a parking brake setup so it stays put when parked or on a hill?

well i made my own...gonna try it for awhile and see how it holds up.:bonk:

Yep, it's called velcro. I keep a strip of it around my handlebars and just pull it off and wrap around the grip and brake when I need to keep the bike in one spot. Quick, light, cheap and functional.

i LIKE that idea!

Nice job! I hate not having a "parking brake" on my bike as it always seems to want to roll all over the place. But I dont yet have a hand brake so fabbing something on the foot brake is my only option. I wish it was as simple as velcro!

I don't get it. Aren't you standing over the bike, leaning it against a tree, or putting the kickstand down? In 5 years of Reklusing a parking brake never occurred to me.

it is as simple as velcro, just use it on the front brake

I dont think the front is nearly as good as the rear, but it would suffice for now.

I don't get it. Aren't you standing over the bike, leaning it against a tree, or putting the kickstand down? In 5 years of Reklusing a parking brake never occurred to me.

Maybe you chain or wheel bearings need to be replaced? :bonk:

My bike must just roll easier than yours, as it likes to do this regularly!

So this is for when you're leaning the bike against something? Whatever object is keeping my bike from falling down (kickstand, tree, wall, work stand) keeps it from rolling away. I could see this with a quad maybe.

So this is for when you're leaning the bike against something? Whatever object is keeping my bike from falling down (kickstand, tree, wall, work stand) keeps it from rolling away. I could see this with a quad maybe.

Mostly its the bike rolling off a triangle stand. Now that I have a kickstand (something i sore id never do, LOL) its not as bad, but it can roll enough to flip the kickstand up anf fall over...

in california there aren't a lot of trees to lean our bikes against and when you are in the mountains...the ground is not always flat...i guess i could just turn off the gas and push the bike over, since it will fall eventually anyways:thumbsup:

i guess i could just turn off the gas and push the bike over, since it will fall eventually anyways:thumbsup:

Done that more than once! :bonk: