Threw it into a round about... threw me on the ground :(

So heading to my mates house i cracked into a round about, and the bike washed out on me.... scraped my RH mirror and my bark buster (tarmac busters now) and i put a scrape on my MRD :bonk: damage to me is minimal, a few scraped on my knuckles (yeah no gloves) and a few on my knees... wrecked a sweet pair of jeans. Is this worth claiming insurance you think ? my excess is $500 and i can claim riding gear also, thoughts opinions ? oh the tyres were distanzias.... so i rolled out yesterday and got some pirellis on it ?

Shoot...ALWAYS wear the appropriate safety clothing when U ride....:bonk:

What is usually the 1st thing you use to brace yourself when you are going to fall over..???.YES ,Your HANDS...wear the gloves...?

You are lucky if there are no other injuries..

Roundabouts are a classic place for diesel and other spills from trucks and cars..

Try to stay towards the inside of R/Bouts ,where there is less likely to be dropped fluids...

Probably not worth a claim if your helmet and boots are good....

I-5 , Northbound, just clearing the bridge into the Couv. @ 70 mph.:bonk:

Damn'd, if the DRZ I don't cut loose and run into the reserve fuel!:bonk:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:banana:

Judging traffic + mph + trying to adjust petcock + "GETTING THE HELL OUTA THIS"! :busted:

I dove into a "roundabout"(?), cloverleaf/off ramp! No power, just engine compression and brakes. The "C"-force got uhold of me, I and Dizzy met the curb and the ground cover!?

Both of us did a cartwheel in mid-air! I'm no worse for wear. Dizzy has a fragged fuse,broken flat head in A******* hand guard. Gotta love DRZ's...?

Got the ball-n-chain to bring the truck and ramp. An hour later, all repair's done and I'm wheeling outa the driveway..:awww:

PS. Happy Holiday's

yeah its all good, im going to fix it and be done with it, wear gloves always and take it easy around those roundabouts, i was only about 500m from leaving my house :bonk: over the next 2 weeks im going to be bush, deep bush !

Merry Xmas all!

Ride safe and i wish you and your fam a happy and safe season !

So heading to my mates house i cracked into a round about, and the bike washed out on me.... scraped my RH mirror and my bark buster (tarmac busters now) and i put a scrape on my MRD :bonk: damage to me is minimal, a few scraped on my knuckles (yeah no gloves) and a few on my knees... wrecked a sweet pair of jeans. Is this worth claiming insurance you think ? my excess is $500 and i can claim riding gear also, thoughts opinions ? oh the tyres were distanzias.... so i rolled out yesterday and got some pirellis on it ?

You say "i can claim riding gear also, thoughts opinions ?" Yea what gear ? You were not wearing any.:banana:

yeah its all good, im going to fix it and be done with it, wear gloves always and take it easy around those roundabouts, i was only about 500m from leaving my house ? over the next 2 weeks im going to be bush, deep bush !

Merry Xmas all!

Ride safe and i wish you and your fam a happy and safe season !

Same to you mate and enjoy that "Deep Bush".....:bonk:

You say "i can claim riding gear also, thoughts opinions ?" Yea what gear ? You were not wearing any.?

jacket and helmet ? i was still holding onto the bike as it went from under me, no major i suppose ill just learn from my mistake :bonk:

Roundabouts are only prevalent in certain parts of the US, mostly on the west or east coasts. We have them here in Colorado because of the Californians. They're fun on bikes, but are PITAs when caging.\

To OP, don't claim. Skin your knee, learn and move forward. :bonk:

Yeah..It's a cheaper intersection option than traffic control lights and suppose to keep the traffic flowing better.....

Yeah right, if only the general public knew how to use them:banghead:

I like how in some places they put traffic lights and a roudabout together.

Just to add to the mayhem.

Roundabouts are only prevalent in certain parts of the US, mostly on the west or east coasts. We have them here in Colorado because of the Californians. They're fun on bikes, but are PITAs when caging.\

To OP, don't claim. Skin your knee, learn and move forward. :bonk:

I've seen one here in 49 years... but they are in Colorado because of us??? LOL