Sign in to follow this  

Anatomy Lessons...

Holy cow, just bought this R and doing a full maintenance and dang, this thing is put together like a watch. I thought my KTM 950 was a pain. This puts it to shame. Kudos to Yamaha designers for incredible packaging.

Now where does that pink wire go?

imageshackcimg4894.jpg

Holy cow, just bought this R and doing a full maintenance and dang, this thing is put together like a watch. I thought my KTM 950 was a pain. This puts it to shame. Kudos to Yamaha designers for incredible packaging.

Now where does that pink wire go?

imageshackcimg4894.jpg

Yeah: now put it all back where you found it, with no twisted or kinked wires/connectors/hoses/etc.

They really do a very compact job, don't they? Every mod I do removes more of it, so now I have more room under the seat/left panel. (swapped the taillight to a very compact one, so that is one less connector and wire: no separate tag light)

What kind of rear tire is that? looks good.

Its a Shinko. Seller put it on for better rock traction. Said he got it for $35. I have no idea how it'll do. Bike is new to me. I like the idea though - should give me some flat tracker giggles.

Wow.. makes me rethink my desire to get a current WR250. Makes my YZ400F look like an antique! :bonk:

I do all my own work on my bikes, and my fuel-injected FZ1 can be a pain to work on. There's so much stuffed under the tank it's unreal!

..a

Finally done. A few weeks playing in the man cave. Down to the valves (tight but in spec) everything cleaned, straightened and lubed, suspension lowered and put some Av gas in for winter storage and runs like da bomb! Now that I've got it all fingered out the next service will be a snap.

copyofcimg4912.jpg