Sign in to follow this  

Motocross racer x alessi interview

Well if any of you needed more of a reason to dislike the Alessi's check out the latest racer x. Tony is for sure one cocky sob who likes living in the past, for instance:

" back then lets be honest, we were undefeated for years, and have won more amateur championships than any other rider.

or

"lets be honest, no one, not justin barcia or any of those guys had the success for honda that we did in those years. We put honda on top for 5 yrs. We shut pro circuit out, we shut villopoto out from winning any races during those yrs.

Its a little odd to me that Racer x used up 8 pages in the magazine to talk about that family. To me he was to be the next big thing, and it never panned out for one reason or another, yet 7 years later people are still interested in writing about him. He goes and acts like a fool at the monster cup with dungey, and on the inside the moto episodes, he is always pouting, or coming up with excuses why his finishes arent there. Just admit once and for all, that you cant handle that RV2 is a better rider, and spokesperson for the sport than you two, Mike and Tony!

my thoughts exactly. one thing tho is it is fun as hell to watch. i think that is why racerx did what they did. sort of like watching mike tyson crumble and biting ears and saying he was going to eat your babies.

Mike Alessi is the Brian Bosworth of motocross and Tony is like one of those beauty pageant mothers

Mike is just a forgotten son

Mike Alessi is the Brian Bosworth of motocross and Tony is like one of those beauty pageant mothers

Mike is just a forgotten son

Agree...but I think Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell woudl be better (The Boz had a career ending injury).

I can't stand Tony. He is, as you said, a cocky SOB.

Honestly, I'd like to think that without Tony around, Mike Alessi is probably an ok guy.

• Like 1

I dont like Tony, but i like Mike. I hope he has good success this year and i for one liked the way he raced in the monster energy cup. So what if he was blocking? Its the MEC! Its for nothing but money! Like RC said, "If i cant win, Im gonna try to not let anybody win". Good luck Mike!

:bonk: Bye bye Alessi's.

I always got tired of watching Mike look back and trying to block someone instead of racing....

I dont like Tony, but i like Mike. I hope he has good success this year and i for one liked the way he raced in the monster energy cup. So what if he was blocking? Its the MEC! Its for nothing but money! Like RC said, "If i cant win, Im gonna try to not let anybody win". Good luck Mike!

I believe what he said is "If you can't win, crash somebody that can." :bonk:

Agree...but I think Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell woudl be better (The Boz had a career ending injury).

Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus were complete busts just like bosworth. I picked Bosworth because he had such a big mouth and promised more than he could ever accomplish

Kinda like #800

Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus were complete busts just like bosworth. I picked Bosworth because he had such a big mouth and promised more than he could ever accomplish

Kinda like #800

I hear ya.....i can remember when Bo Jackson just ran him over in Seattle.

My son (16yrs old) seems to think that Alessi is still a threat, maybe he knows something we don't but im going with the majority opinion on this one. Obviously he has the drama that the media likes, It would be very interesting to see him in a close points race to see if he could handle the pressure when everything is on the line.

MA will probably be in a close points battle, but its going to be around 10 or 11

Things have changed a bit with the Moto concepts race team mike is putting big efort into having good riders .Hes also more in control than pepole would think Dave Antolack of TUF racing has also offered his 30 years of learning and mistakes in running a sucessfull race team.afte lots of testing they decided to use tuf components for the 450s and were hoping that they will also use the tuf 250 components .Theres a lot of controversy with the allessis but then it would be a boring world with out them .

Did anyone read the article about RV2 as a kid vs MA800. It was really a good one, the best part is when they quoted RV2, "I know that i can beat him now". He was talking about MA.

It's funny because it's true, and that must have made Tony really upset.

Tony is a blowhard that talks too much, loves media attention, from the outside appears to be crappy father (that could be a persona he creates for TV), and seems to think he is riding along, taking all the physical risks, and making all the painful commitments right along with his sons.

Mike is an OK racer that blossomed early and faded painfully with a handful of public meltdowns along they way. He races in his "rear view mirror" far too often and makes a lot of excuses. But, he obviously works hard for the results he does get and seems like a reasonable guy with a sense of humor in interviews. If it wasn't for his father's bragging we'd probably think of him as just another mediocre rider that has had his moments both good and bad.

Jeff is in the shadow of it all.

Tony is a blowhard that talks too much, loves media attention, from the outside appears to be crappy father (that could be a persona he creates for TV), and seems to think he is riding along, taking all the physical risks, and making all the painful commitments right along with his sons.

Mike is an OK racer that blossomed early and faded painfully with a handful of public meltdowns along they way. He races in his "rear view mirror" far too often and makes a lot of excuses. But, he obviously works hard for the results he does get and seems like a reasonable guy with a sense of humor in interviews. If it wasn't for his father's bragging we'd probably think of him as just another mediocre rider that has had his moments both good and bad.

Jeff is in the shadow of it all.

couldnt say it better myself!

Dont see how he is viewed as such a failure. Sure he hasnt lived up to the hype but this is a man that has main and overall wins. He has had more success than grant, millsaps, and short on big bikes and short was given a break because of the ktm the past few yrs yet alessi who won w the 350 and put it on the box is given none. all of these guys are discussed as having the speed if all of the pieces fall into place yet alessi isnt. Villipoto may have been hurt the year alessi got hurt and sure villipoto was faster but once he went down mike appeared to be the class of the field. I think w good bikes and confidence he is top 10 supercross and on the box all outdoors. pretty good if you ask me.

Dont see how he is viewed as such a failure. Sure he hasnt lived up to the hype but this is a man that has main and overall wins. He has had more success than grant, millsaps, and short on big bikes and short was given a break because of the ktm the past few yrs yet alessi who won w the 350 and put it on the box is given none. all of these guys are discussed as having the speed if all of the pieces fall into place yet alessi isnt. Villipoto may have been hurt the year alessi got hurt and sure villipoto was faster but once he went down mike appeared to be the class of the field. I think w good bikes and confidence he is top 10 supercross and on the box all outdoors. pretty good if you ask me.
:bonk:

Did everyone forget the season he had on the Suzuki?

He was definetly a class above everybody except stewart, which is pretty good to me.

You guys need to give him a break, He is one of the Top guys in the world when he is 100%.

You gotta remember he has had some big falls in the past few years, andI dont think he is at 100% yet.