Sign in to follow this  

Wrist Surgical Procedures

I'm looking for anyone who has had a wrist surgery, including either a hemiresection or a saave kapandji procedure. I'd like to learn about your experience and to understand if you were able to return to sports of any kind following the surgery. Thanks!

I don't have wrist surgery but there is some information which i want to share. Wrist surgery recovery depends upon age and physical demands of the patient, bone quality and location of the fracture.

Thank you for responding. This is for my husband, who actually did not fracture his wrist. He had pain in the wrist and underwent surgery in January of 2011. The surgery was supposed to relieve the pain by removing a bone spur and part of the ulna bone. The bottom line is that the surgery failed, and in fact has caused worse pain and the unintended removal of the little cartilage he had left in his wrist. The surgeons say the wrists, both, are failing because of years of abuse - boxing, motocross riding, golf, etc. The only hope is a salvage wrist surgery, but we fear that also will fail. Thanks again for your response! Happy Holidays!