Sign in to follow this  

crf roller!!? 500 conversion

would like to buy a 250 roller for a 500af swap. Any suggestions? Where should i look for parts? Went to school for welding so finding a welder is easy. I just really want a 500!!!

a bud did that to his 2001 cr, and I had a 04 af from service. I hear the 4th gen chassis is the better choice. I'm happy with the 3rd, but would like to make a twin piper to stab back at honda's marketing. Sad to say I sold my af, just too rough on me lately, when I got tired, it didn't. take lots of pictures to post as you go!

I went with a 2004 CRF250 for my 87 CR500 motor. The tank was the biggest task and I also went with a 2 into 1 water outlet on the head to clear the tank. I built an aluminum tank eventually as I'm an Aerospace Welder and have a Miller TIG welder at home for tacking things up. Did all of the major welding at work on a new Dynasty. You can search my older posts and see some pictures. Sadly on the second attempt to ride the kick mechanism failed resulting in the right center case and primary case busting. Yanked the CR mill and about 90% done swapping a 2001 modified YZ250 two stroke mill. Got the replacement parts and need to fix the CR motor and plan to sell it along with the tank possibly. The air box is also a little chore but not as hard as the YZ swap for some reason. Join the two CR500 forums for a lot of information on AF500s.

Craigus