Sign in to follow this  

crf roller!!? 500 conversion

would like to buy a 250 roller for a 500af swap. Any suggestions? Where should i look for parts? Went to school for welding so finding a welder is easy. I just really want a 500!!!

Watch craigslist for a few months, something will turn up.

I have several rollers for sale, some coverted ready to go, others ready for the knife. The shipping adds to the expense though.

Hit me at seanmx57 at yahoo.com if you want more info.

i can find a 500 motor around here for not to expensive. Shoot i could just buy a whole 500 bike for spare parts and what not, but i just want the motor. Which 500 yrs are the best to look at?

I would buy a clean running CR500 and part out what you don't need.

EDIT: Oops, beat me too it. Personally, I would buy a '94 or newer so that you have silver cases and easy parts availability. '89+ will work without having the swingarm bushings milled out. Older ones will require it due to the smaller swingarm axle/bushings.

500 motors are 'spensive. Find a blown up one. :bonk:

ya i dont think youll find a blown one. maybe you meen a wore out one in need of rebuild. hondas 500 was probly most rock solid engine ever put in a dirtbike frame. its only rival i can think of was the older ktm 500 smokers which is nearly just as solid