Sign in to follow this  

best 450 for mx

any brand (not for me but for a cousin). Hes around 6 foot 160 lbs. They live in a different country where there isnt many mx mechanics so they want something pretty reliable. Its going to be a 2012

If he cant afford to fix it, why is he even looking at a 4 stroke?

i didnt say he couldnt afford it. I said there arent many mx mechanics out there that would be able to fix it if anything went wrong.

i didnt say he couldnt afford it. I said there arent many mx mechanics out there that would be able to fix it if anything went wrong.

Ahh. Well my opinion has to be towards a Yamaha, they have a good track record of being reliable.

ya i heard the yamaha was pretty reliable, he also loves how light the honda felt at the dealer. His favorite bike though(looks wise) is suzuki[/quote

Thats my favorite bike too!

i can tell :bonk:

The 2012 KX450F is a great bike. But as others have said it will come down to how the bike feels. Some are just too wide feeling or cramped in the peg-seat-bar.

ya i talked to him today and he said he kind of doesnt like the yamaha, and we all know how people are if they dont like something there whole life they are going to find things wrong with it. He said he has narrowed it down between the 2012 kx450f and 2012 crf450r

So he sat on all the bikes besides ktm, he said he liked how the honda was narrower, but he liked how the kawi was more tunable he didnt like the weight though and felt it was a little wider. He didnt like the yamaha because the shrouds are huge and he just felt uncomfortable. Now he cant decide if he wants to keep riding red or change to green.