Sign in to follow this  

Gold valves from racetech

Has anyone installed them? How complicated and hard is it? Do you like how the bike is with them? I know this would be much cheaper then sending my suspension to someone thats why i ask. It would be on a 2007 kx450f.

Has anyone installed them? How complicated and hard is it? Do you like how the bike is with them? I know this would be much cheaper then sending my suspension to someone thats why i ask. It would be on a 2007 kx450f.

The Gold Valve is one part of a large puzzle of fork tuning. If you have issues with bottoming and harshness at the same time, the Gold Valves will help solve this. They will not address the height of the stroke, the progression of compression damping, etc etc. For 289.00 you can get the forks re-valved by several tuners, not including shim parts, worn parts, or re-springing.

Well then i think just gold valves would work good for me, because i have the problem with harshness and bottoming, when i fix one problem i have the other. Are they hard to install and set up for someone who hasnt done it before? Ive changed fork seals but thats all. And also i think id do the shock as well.

Well then i think just gold valves would work good for me, because i have the problem with harshness and bottoming, when i fix one problem i have the other. Are they hard to install and set up for someone who hasnt done it before? Ive changed fork seals but thats all. And also i think id do the shock as well.

It's not rocket medicine, but it does require some special tools. You should post on the Suspension forum for tips and tricks. Also you tube has lots of how-to's for the KYB SSS version suspension.