Sign in to follow this  

300xc-xcw

What was the better bike in the 300 size models between 06-09? I have the itch to add a ktm 300 to the herd but do not know which year is the better year to look for. I have read in the recent Dirtbike that 06 and above were better units vs the previous model years due to easier jetting and the older models had wierd ignition problems. . I believe there was a frame change in 2007 and the 08s received a electric starter which could be handy but seems troublesome during this era. What are your thoughts?

I have herd the 08 297cc and 09-12 293cc and more refinements and frame changes.Starter motors are not good quality.

What was the better bike in the 300 size models between 06-09? I have the itch to add a ktm 300 to the herd but do not know which year is the better year to look for. I have read in the recent Dirtbike that 06 and above were better units vs the previous model years due to easier jetting and the older models had wierd ignition problems. . I believe there was a frame change in 2007 and the 08s received a electric starter which could be handy but seems troublesome during this era. What are your thoughts?

Framed changed in 2008 for the 300s along with the body work. I have a 2006 and it has been rock solid and is a blast in the woods. I haven't ridden the 08+ but they are suppose to handle even better.

I just picked up an 06 300XC and love it so far! I agree that the electric start would be nice in some situations, but really unnecessary on a 2 stroke.

Yes the +08 chassis is waaaay better than previous years, not sure about the newest frame, I rode a 2012 for a short trip and did not really think it was that much better.

I have both an 07 and an 09 300 XCW. Both are awesome machines, the 09's suspension is better, however that does not mean the 07's is not good...I love the XCW, but would get the XC if had to do over.

So if I had a chance to buy a 06 or 08 both low hour machines would it come down to which one was the better deal? I am not a fast rider by any means but I do notice a difference in cornering or better turning. I notice the 06 has the more antiquated grafics etc and the 07 up seem to have different tanks or are they just black and the different shrouds making them look different? I am just trying to narrow may search. thanks.

So if I had a chance to buy a 06 or 08 both low hour machines would it come down to which one was the better deal?

I would hope so. If they were both low hour and the same deal who wouldn't get the newer model?

I love the XCW, but would get the XC if had to do over.

Please add whether you ride track, trail, desert or whatever.

Trail. I like tighter trail but now days its mostly more open. At times lots of rocks.

The 08 bike sold but if the later model was that much better I would wait and find another one.

I own an '09 XC and love it. I ride @40% flowy single track @40% gnarly single track and @20% wide open stuff. I had an XR650R totally modded for me and my riding style, which I loved. I would never go back! The only advantage the 650R has is in the electric bottom end power, and that's it. I have a big wide smile on my face every minute I'm on my XC!

Please add whether you ride track, trail, desert or whatever.

I am a trail rider..Nothing really wrong with the XCW - love it - but wish I could easily change the fork offset and had CC forks..Nothing that a bit of $$ can solve,but probably won't spend it.