Transworld hates the 450 SX-F

Finally a mag that tell the truth ! their shootouts always rank as the best and most informative! LOL !!!

Can't believe people still read and pay attention to their shootouts !

Exactly its a bunch of BS whoever pays the most for advertising usually is in the top 2 if not winning the shootouts to that magazine. If you look at the ktm's for mxa shoot out they have the best handling,best quality ,best brakes, best clutch great turning ect.. But there both in last place. Also funny how the 10-11 ktm 450 smoked the shootouts and this year its in last when the only other bike to do anything was the Kawi which is a ticking time bomb. There was not many updates to any of the 450's, ya the honda had new linkage arm and something else ,kawi has adjustable bar clamps and foot pegs and 10mm narrower , rmz exactly the same basically, yamaha exactly the same.. I know 6 people personally that have lost the crank on the 12 kx450 but hey people can read what they want and believe what they want to read but for me I do my own research and ride the bikes before I buy them. Im not bias to any brand ill ride any of them and have fun but there is no doubt in my mind the ktm is "for the money" a superior bike in many ways.

Seems that the testers at TWMX hated the 2012 450 SX-F. Almost every tester ranked it near last. They even busted on MXA for ranking it high on their list. Anyone here ride the new KX 450, how great can it be?

They don't know what the hell they're talking about!! :bonk:

Interestingly, the TW web site is like a giant Honda advertisement... hhmmmmmmm...

In the last 5 years I've had an 06 and a 10 YZ450F, two 08 and one 09 CRF450's, an 08 and a 10 RM-Z 450 an I honestly feel the most planted and comfortable on the 12 450 SX-F after only a few hours on it. I had a 350 SX-F for a few weeks and loved the bike but couldn't come to terms with the motor. Never had a KX450F and I'm sure its a nice bike, maybe the best bike, who knows. I just don't see how two magazines can be at opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to the KTM 450. I know it didn't win the MXA shootout but second is pretty far from last.

I think TWMX is pretty much a joke. Buy hey, I canceled my subscription two years ago, and they still show up every month.:bonk:

Anyway, I think the 2012 ktm 450 is a very nice bike. So is the Kawi. You should probably test them out to see which one fits you better instead of letting some guys you've never met tell you which is best.

OK sounds like a plan. Ed called me yesterday and said that Rocky Hill is still open. I used up all my time at work or I would take a day off and ride. In the spring I'l let you try out my 2012 last place TWMX outdated pos bike. :bonk: I bet you love it! Merry Christmas, I'll be in the Kawi forum if your looking for me.

Edited by OTHG_MIKE

When two are saying somthing opposite then obviously one or both is lying. I get TW only because Motosport sends it to me. I makes good fire starter material and thats about it. Their reports are almost commical. Utterly predictable. All you have to do is read MXA and reverse the order.

I have ridden most of the new bikes. I can assure you MXA is spot on. TW is eather lying or dalusional. I like the "teen Beat" comment! Haaaaa!!!

I had a couple of subscriptions to Transworld that they gave away free. I could read everything of value in that mag in about five minutes and it usually got tossed. MXA gets read cover to cover and it gets saved for future reference for a couple years.

But... I actually agree with Transworlds bike tests more than MXA. Seems like people take these shootouts too seriously. They compare stock bikes only. For me, a bikes 'bones' are far more important than its showroom performance on a track. Things like motor, suspension, ergos can always be changed easily. Things like geometry and weight cannot. The trick is to match a bikes 'bones' with your particular style or needs. I've been burned a number of times buying new bikes by believing mags or other riders opinions when common sense told me it wasn't a good fit.

Edited by Float