MRD exhaust with DRD rad lowering kit

Hey guys i am really interested in getting a MRD exhaust would like so opinions on performance with there pipes, my buddy has a drd on his 8 and i really like it but would like to try out the mrd, also would like to know if any here has tried the mrd with a rad lowering kit. thanks.

i got the rad kit for free from a buddy. i Have heard great thing about MRD they are sponsor here and have seen many good reviews for them just not for 08 yz450

Sorry, but MRD is just not commonplace. If the reviews you've seen are for an '07 or '09 YZ450 and were good, your '08 shouldn't be any different.

MRD is a small business, as pipe manufacturers go, and as such probably can't afford a slick web site like some of the others have. But the pipes are hand built, mostly built to order, and he'll customize it in just about any way you want, so if you want it to clear the lowered radiators, ask him. He can probably make it happen. The price is good, work is good, the service is good, the guaranty is good, and the pipes work.

MRD is a small business, as pipe manufacturers go, and as such probably can't afford a slick web site like some of the others have. But the pipes are hand built, mostly built to order, and he'll customize it in just about any way you want, so if you want it to clear the lowered radiators, ask him. He can probably make it happen. The price is good, work is good, the service is good, the guaranty is good, and the pipes work.

yeah. if I got $ 1,000.00 for pipes I was stamping out for $ 100.00 I could have a bitchen website and hype them in all the mag's too :bonk:

FWIW,

My bike had a Dr. D Lowering kit on it when I bought it, as well as a Dr. D stainless pipe. The hardware for the lowering kit is all very good quality, but honestly, I couldn't tell I'd removed it when I had to take it off. I do miss the pipe, however...... ?

An accident at the local mx track squashed the pipe, and I'd already learned I couldn't use any sort of radiator guards (that I liked) with the lowering kit. So, I removed the Dr. D stuff, and went with the stock pipe, and now have oversize radiators with Devol guards. My oil filter is easier to get at, my radiators are somewhat protected, and again, I honestly don't notice a difference with higher (& bigger) radiators while riding it..... :bonk:

Jimmie

Thanks Dave. i am going to sell the rad kit seem like more hassle then what the gain are out of it. After the holidays i am going to order a full kit from you. what are the power gain between the pro comp and the pro comp2. I am on a fairly tight budget.

the Procomp II is really just for guy's that want a very quiet pipe or race AMA PRO , the Procomp actually makes a bit more lowend power , it is a very noticable overall boost on the 08 like any aftermarket pipe for those bikes because of baffeled stock muffler

Ok thanks dave for the info. i have a powercore 4 now with the stock header. I think i will just go with the pro comp.

no prob. thanks for considering my pipe :bonk:? and sorry about the remarks I made towards the other member , sometimes I just have to stick up for myself

I have an 07 YZ450F with an MRD pipe. I live at 5200 ft. I requested that Dave build the pipe for mostly low end gains. We have a section on our track that is a downhill into a 180 degree corner into an uphill double - triple - double. I have compared the stock pipe to the MRD on that section back to back. I can run the section taking the inside line in the corner staying in 3rd with both pipes, but I use much less clutch with the MRD system. I also climb some big hills and the difference is noticeable there too. I have the header and the muffler from MRD. Everything mentioned above is with the quiet core installed. I have a spark arrestor that is easily installed as well. Great service and great product in my opinion. Easy to repack. Had for about 3 years now and no durablility issues.

no prob. thanks for considering my pipe :bonk:? and sorry about the remarks I made towards the other member , sometimes I just have to stick up for myself

Nothing to be sorry about I have never heard any thing bad about you guys until this post. but i take that with a grain of salt. I am always looking for the little guy to support and every one says they make great power, so why not use you you have great prices as well.

Nothing to be sorry about I have never heard any thing bad about you guys until this post. but i take that with a grain of salt. I am always looking for the little guy to support and every one says they make great power, so why not use you you have great prices as well.

thanks, I ony said it because he has not dealt with me or seen one of my pipes to make the statement he made , I dont know if he meant my company looks cheezy because I built and maintain a do it your self website , or if my pipes look cheezy to him , either way I was insulted , let him pay for big add's / race teams / and cool websites when he buys a high dollar pipe that doesnt do anything better than mine and probably wont last as long