Sign in to follow this  

mix and match between diferent models...??

I'm buying an .08 CRF250 with a blown engine. The crank bearings are broken, so I will have to change them, and probably the crank. I havent seen the bike yet, but the seller tells me the crank is twisted. I also need to but a new flywheel and stator (witch is ridiculously expensive) But I find a lot on eBay. But what years do fit an .08? I think the flywheel is the same from .04 until .09? Is the stator to?

Is there any place on the internet I can find info like this? Like if I'd like to buy ore sell something?

04 to 09 engine wise are all pretty much the same. The stator and flywheel will swap with each other. There are some changes with some parts, so before you go out and purchase any parts, ask. The crankshaft and bearings are interchangable from 04-09. 08 and 09 have the same crankshafts, but they are ounces lighter than the 04-07. They are a direct fit regardless.

If the crank really is twisted, (which by the way would take a tremendous amount of force)

I would factor in replacing the center cases to what ever price you're paying.

I just got the crank measured and it turns out it's just a little twisted, nut not bent. (sow that I can just have it balanced again) if you understand what I mean? This sawed me about 150$ :bonk: I have also ordered an used stator and flywheel for about 120$, and need about 900$ more worth of parts. /The bike was about 1300$ witch makes roughly 2700$, and will make about 2000$ in profit.

I thought this was an good opportunity to overhaul my other bike (.08 CRF205R that I use) sow I'm going to overhaul the engine that is broken, and just switch engines when I'm done. Here is what I have ordered for the engine fix:

Piston, cam chain, clutch plates and springs, all bearings in the whole engine, all new gaskets ans seals in the whole engine, including valve seals.

Is there anything more you guys think I should replace? And is the clutch springs necessary to change? I'm not sure how many hours the engine have on it, but I want to know that when I put it together it is in great condition and wont blow up on me for at least a couple of years.

Edit: And one more thing! the closest piston I find on the site I'm thinking of buying from has this description: "Wiseco Piston Kit CRF250R (13.5:1) 04-07, CRF250X (13.5:1) 04-09 - 78.0 Bore Size" What is difrent on the .08 and .08 250R sow that it apparently wont fit my bike?

Edited by Anders187