Sign in to follow this  

What is the stupidest/dumbest/lamest question(s) you get asked about your DR-Z?

Ok, Lady & Gents. Like the title says,...

What is the stupidest/dumbest/lamest question(s) you get asked or comments about your DR-Z?

My DR-Zsm is pretty much a parked billboard next to my shop. I see a lot of people coming through my little shop daily.

On a good day, I probably see Ivan "Ironman" Stewart, Dennis Conner(Stars & Stripes skipper), local city officials/local tv personalities, etc., etc., & amongst the other peasants like you and me.:smirk:

IMG00997.jpg

1. Is that yours?:banana:

"Well, let me see. I don't see anyone else here, and I'm the only one here all day, and it's my helmet you see next to me." :bonk:

2. Hey, your tires are bald!

"Yeah, they're defective.":lol:

IMG00997.jpg

I have been asked more than once, stopped at a light next to a bus stop, by the forrest gump guys, " why didn't you get a harley?".

I have gotten:

"I can't believe you ride that on the street, is it legal?"

&

"How come you didn't just get a...(insert bike)"

But the worst I get, which surprisingly is somewhat often is..."can I ride it?"

My initial response is that 4 balls on 2 wheels should be illegal so not today. Then the follow up is "no I meant me take it for a ride" (usually my brothers friends or whatever) and I ask if they have an endorsement on their license/ever ridden before. When they say no, I say...well there ya go. Even if they did, they can go kick rocks.

"How fast will it go?" I tell 'em "A hundred fifty smiles an hour!"

And "Why is it so high?" ( I don't have a smart-ass answer for that.)

"How fast will it go?" I tell 'em "A hundred fifty smiles an hour!"

And "Why is it so high?" ( I don't have a smart-ass answer for that.)

Answer: So the fat b*tchs cant climb on!:bonk:

"What is it?"... which the only response I can ever think of is "It's a dirt bike with street tires."

• Like 1

I cop randomly pulled me over this season checked my insurance and what not then said, "You needed new tires within the next 48hrs," and if I didn't and get pulled over again with bald tires I'd be receiving a fine.

I replied with good eyes sir seen that while driving behind me. Thank you for looking after my well been.

his response, just doing my job, have a good ride now.

glad to see my tax dollar going to good use:banghead:

• Like 1

Most of my friends at work dont understand why i dont ride sportbikes like they do. I offer to show them why on some tight twist roads but they get scared and go ride some straights

It's always the same old "dirt bikes aren't legal on the road". I always just say thanks and give a polite nod. They get so angry.

Most of my friends at work dont understand why i dont ride sportbikes like they do. I offer to show them why on some tight twist roads but they get scared and go ride some straights

You should ask them why they ride sportbikes when they only go straight. Tell them to get Harleys instead. It's much more comfortable for riding in straight lines.:smirk:

-------------

I also get plenty of,

Do you ride that thing on the freeway?:bonk:

Can you take that off road?

Answer: No, it just looks like you can go off road..BTW I have the S model :bonk:

Is that your bike? As I am getting on and putting on my helmet.

Answer: No, I just stold it please....don't tell anyone. :smirk:

a guy in Oregon Looking at my fully loaded bike and VERY dirty bike,"where are you from???" Kentucky.....a pause..."you road that dirt bike from Kentucky?" yep.....a large grin of respect....."WOW, I'd love to do that!""