Gasgas or Husky?

Both killer bikes!

But at 6'3" you will fit the Husky a little better, more room to move. Also the pricing on the new 2009 to 2011 Wr250's are cheaper at most dealers.

As some dealers are blowing out the Husky 250/300's REALLY cheap..... Not so with the GG......

I'm going to purchase a GG250 within the month, but only because I'm 5'9", otherwise I'd get a WR250/300.......

I'm a husky head but will break ranks here to say the GG is a better bike. There I said it. The WR250/300 is bullet proof and a great bike but getting old in design and feeling it. the GG's are VERY good bikes and slightly used ones can be had cheap because retail on both these are crap. I like the updated and improved GG's a lot. I still love the WR250/300 but they do feel dated riding them back to back. the WR is a fantastic deal and a great bike. The GG IMHO is a better bike as it has been updated where the WR range is stuck in 2006.

I have a GasGas300, that said. I read alot about both bikes, it seams the reviews for the GasGas ranked it right up there with the KTM, haven ridden many KTM's and now owning a GasGas I can attest that this is true. The husky's supposedly have a more explosive power, but not in a good way apparently, too mx like. also read the rear end sits high, and has some odd handling. Where as the GasGas is right up there competing with the KTM the Husky seams more like a "own something different" bike. But this is mostly from reading, I can only compare My GasGas to KTM's...and I can honestly say I like the GasGas better...taller guys prefer tall seat foam and higher rise bars on them.

I know the husky hasn't been changed in a few years but as far as turning and suspension. The gasgas comes with Marzocchi forks and if i remember when husky used them it was a bad thing. Do the zokes work better on the gasgas?

Joe: Where are you in Pennsylvania? If I can get there within a day and there is good riding at the end, I can get you on a GasGas that you will love. As far as the suspension goes, we're tuning for everything from Texas harescrambles to Roof of Africa - this is all doable.

Shoot me a pm and we'll carry on the conversation there.

6 2". I pretty much only ride tight frequently very rocky single track. I also ride Trials so I pretty much stand all the time. The GG was a little snug for me stock so I made a free footpeg mod and got a submount damper and now it fits fine.

Since 95' I have ridden multiple Honda's, Suzuki, KTM's and Beta's and I have yet to ride a bike (besides my Trials bikes) that turns like the GG. To me it is evident that the engineers that designed the bike have some Trials riding in their blood..it just turns where you want it to.

Unless the suspension is from a 1985 honda I could really care less what brand stuff is stock because its going to a Tuner anyways. With that being said I did ride my 2010 stock for a few months and the bike was suprisingly stable through the junk...of course it is better now post Tuner :bonk:

The flip-side to this coin is that I know nothing about WR's

P.S. plus one performance is trustworthy ?

Get the Husky, you won't regret it. Use ths saved coin to get the suspension hooked up and for bling. I'm 6'1" and it fits me perfect. KTM and GG felt "small" to me. Don't worry abot the supposed outdated design of Husky unless you are a pro level rider.

The Husky 250 and 300 2 strokes are a lot simpler to work on and much cheaper to own.

Haven't ridden the NEW 2012 GasGas, but compared to the 2011 it's a toss-up between the two.

The basic Husky motor has been around since the late 80s so parts are plentiful.

Money-wise, I'd get the Husky.:bonk:

My experience with the smaller bore 125 2 stroke has been with the Husky,yes you would be very hard pressed to find a bike that performs as well or better than anything in it's class,this is also from a maintaince/cost bang for your buck standpoint as well.

From a four stroke look,I like both....gasgas didn't bring or sell many 250f's,but has the stone reliable Yamaha engine that has standed the test of time,like everything about the Husky,but seem to hear many jetting issues that have cost owners extra dough/time to resolve.

With all the pros and cons in making a new bike purchase I have personally chosen to go with the '12 gasgas ec250es...and until it gets well used is when We will truly know if the ownership experience has been worth it.

One thing for certain in my opinion anyways is that the gasgas has killer looks!

Well having actually owned several of these in the past and right now I don't find that the case (a lot simpler to work on and much cheaper to own). The Husky is slightly EZer to work on but mainly because my GG comes with all the street legal switch gear and wiring which can get in the way like when removing the sub frame or something. The air filter is stupid EZ side access no tools, and like most 2 strokes there is not a ton more to work on. The oil is slightly harder to change the first time cuz the GG filler hole is silly small. I use a gear oil container now so i can just squirt it in, EZ. Takes no more time or work than my Huskys and as my winter thrasher takes a beating and has held up very well. My buddy is struggling to keep muffler mounts from breaking off his WR, been a problem since new and he has had it welded and reinforced several times. All bikes can have this or that issue but these are both solid and EZ to work on / own. Really any modern 2st is stupid EZ to work on IMHO.

I might retract my statement though of liking the GG over the husky. Rode my GG back to back with a WR250 this weekend and both work very well. Wr dude actually liked my GG better because of the motor and smaller feel but i was having a great time on his WR so it was a fine. I would call them on par with each other depending on your needs and how you ride. The hydro clutch is butter on the GG and everyone LOVES it. Amazing how much more control you have when your clutch works so well. Really has a trials bike feel of control. The smaller frame and lower more nimble feel are very nice on the GG in tight Gnar like we rode Friday. The Husky feels more stable and has a slightly quicker reving motor making it feel more racy. The GG has more bottom end (maybe more power everywhere) and a GREAT wide range 6 speed trans. The revalved Ohlins (GG) is also better than the revalved husky but mainly in the forks. Both great bikes of slightly different flavors.

Edited by Ride

I think the new GG's look great. That being said at 6'3 don't buy one without riding one first. It's no secret that the Gas Gas bikes are small and the Husqvarnas are large, having a bike that fits you comfortably is a huge deal I've found, which is the main reason why at 6'7 I ride Husky's. It helps that they are incredible bikes and you can get a brand new one for a steal of a deal.

Keep in mind that if test riding someone else's bike a great bike can leave you with a very bad impression if it's set up poorly.

think the 2s are because the motors have been around forever, parts still more than jap stuff that's been around forever, but not bad.

the 4s huskys, engine parts prices are pretty high and usually on order

gas gas? I dunno, a friend just put new plastic on one to sell and about sheet when he got the parts (also backordered)

why is a husqvarna much cheaper to own?

if someone other than huskyrips said it I would believe it, but coming from him some proof is required