Sign in to follow this  

Soda blasting an assembled wheel?

My wheels are currently disassembled and going to be built with new Warp 9 rims and spokes. It is going to be a few before I can get the hubs blasted but wanted to go ahead and lace them up. I might just wait.

I did a wheel for my RM but I wasn't worried about the rim. I'd say mask off the rim, you'll probobly blast the spokes while you're at it.

And post some pics in the Kaw smoker forum!

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

I did a wheel for my RM but I wasn't worried about the rim.

That came out looking really good. Nice work.

You're building an AF? What kind of chassis did you pick up?

'06 KX250f. That's for my '94 KDX250 engine though. The wheels I'm building are for my '90 KDX200.

And post some pics in the Kaw smoker forum!

I promise that I will! :bonk:

soda blasting? i haven't been around TT in quite some time...it looks like i might be missing out on something really useful.

Soda blasting is the best thing to use to get cast aluminum parts looking factory new again. It does not hurt the aluminum yet removes grease and dirt that you could never get off with cleaners. You can also use it to remove paint from almost anything without hurting the surface underneath. You can literally strip the paint yet leave the primer untouched. Truly awesome stuff!

The best thing about soda is that it doesn't get hot like other medias. That is why people use it to blast car bodies, it will not warp the metal.