Sign in to follow this  

walls in vans

I just bought a new ford econoline after my other one blew up.

This one has a cargo cage I am thinking about just moving it back and putting wood over it ( figure that would be easier )

I wanted to know if anyone else had ever done that?

And also the side walls what do you do for that ridge thats about 3 inches off the bottom of floor? Just stop the wall there or ?

Just looking for any ideas on that with anyone that has had one, my old one I didnt mess with the walls just built a divider wall and that was it.

Also the carpet I see people doing is that worth it or just leave it wood?

Any help would be awesome, thanks.

The cage is prob too tall to fit across behind the side doors. I just fab'ed up a plywood wall with 2 x 2's for my extended e-350.

I used 2 2's on the ridge at the bottom to anchor the 1/4" plywood walls.

:bonk:

Thats what I built the wall in my other one with I built a frame out of 2x2 and put 1/4" wood on both sides, was pretty strong, I anchored it thru the floor in a few spots, then also made little brackets that I bolted thru another spot where a bolt was.

Maybe Ill just do that again and sell the cage suppose I can probably get something worthwhile out of it anyway seeing how much new ones are, this is a nice more full cage too.

Did you do anything else to your van like floor or side walls, I put a wood floor in my last one, but I think IM just going to buy some really good matting and lay that down in this one.

Thanks!

2003 3-350 extended.

1/4" plywood walls / celing / Double layer foil bubble wrap insulation between the roof and 1/4" plywood celing.

Foil bubble wrap insulation under 1/2" plywood under the front seats with the factory rubber mat on top of that.

3/4" plywood floor / seem in the middle. 8' - back to front and then a 4' section across in front of that.

1/2" plywood on both sides of the wall with 2x2's between screwed to the floor,walls and celing.

Sweet, I did floor in other one but this one I'm just going to buy good thick mat, did you just screw side walls to the beams on van ?

And did you paint or carpet it or just leave it wood