Sign in to follow this  

Best FWW for '05 YZ 250?

I like the snappy power of my bike and have tuned for it ,V-Force Reeds, FMF Fatty and card re-jet but in really slick rocks and roots the power can be somewhat abrupt causing alot of wheel spin. I am thinking a FWW could help a bit but don't want to lose too much "snap". What size and brand of FWW would you recommend? I run stock gearing and like it in the woods. I have thought about dropping a couple of teeth in the rear to smooth out the power a bit, instead of a FWW but am worried in might be a bit too tall and wear out my clutch in the tight stuff. Any advice is appreciated.

I have added FFW on several bikes, and love it every time. If you are happy with your gearing I would try FFW first. Harder to stall, easier to start and it will track better. You won't lose the snap, you will just get the power to the wheels where it should instead of up in smoke.

I think you will like 9oz from Stealy.

Or you could get the Yamaha GYTR flywheel for a lot cheaper. And it is balanced as a unit. Just saying. I think it's 8.5 oz and allmost all the weight is on the outside of the rim and you don't need a cover spacer.

i put an 11oz on my 05 and my 07 that ive had it really made it nice on long techinal hills that what id go with. I think mine were stealthy and i didn't have to have a spacer.

My 09 YZ has a gytr but every other bike up until has the awesome Steahly. Both are great depending on how much "taming" you're after.