Sign in to follow this  

what year EFI CRF ?

so.. I got a 2009, and I'm considering getting a new bike soon... I like 450Fs but my mom wouldnt authorize that, cause I got injured enough with a 250F lol...

So I'm looking at 2010 250F or newer.. with EFI, so, Yama is crossed out. I like the Zookis, but I can't find a 2010 or newer anywhere, I'm keeping and eye on classifieds for that.. Kawi is just getting too popular and I dont want to ride the same bike as some bitchassrichkid, I dont like KTMs, so Honda is left.

The 2010 Hondas have a affordable price tag now, but, are they any good ? Is it a better bike coming off a 2009 ? I mean, my 2009 has tons of torque and power to spare. will it be a improvement ?

2011's are still somewhat expensive, but if I decide I want one, I could work hard for it.. But is it that much better over a 2010 ?

2012's are waaay too expensive, so lets leave that by the side.

So, its RMZ vs CRF, 2010 or 2011 ?

thanks in advance

Some of the 2010 crf250r's seemed to have a crank problem so I would stay away from them. The 2011s seem to be holding up great. Are you buying used or new? I was planning on get a new 2011 but ended up getting a 2012 because it was only $500 more than the 11.

Some of the 2010 crf250r's seemed to have a crank problem so I would stay away from them. The 2011s seem to be holding up great. Are you buying used or new? I was planning on get a new 2011 but ended up getting a 2012 because it was only $500 more than the 11.

I am looking for a used with low hours, mint condition. Or if I find some leftover with a nice tag that'd be sweet.

call me crazy, but a brand new 2012 costs R$26.000,00 (~USD15.500,00)

used 2011 is up to 24k

used 2010 is about 19k-21k

btw, I live in Brasil, taxes are way up so that makes bikes so expensive..

My 2009 has 35hours and is worth around 19.5k maybe less

but then I see a mint 2010 450 for less, great shape, so I'm kinda lost

there. Never rode a 450, so I can't say I want that, but I'm sure I can handle it.

dont believe me ? see it for yourself ::

http://motox.com.br/veiculos/busca.aspx

ratio

1 USD = 1.67 R$

Those are really high priced machines. I personally won't own another used bike. Folks tell you that the bike has this and that, but talk is cheap and usually they have nothing to back up the claim. The 450 is loaded with power and the 2010 450 is an awesome maching minus some suspension issues. If I were you, I'd stay away from the 2010 250 and wait to get an 2011. The 11 and 12 are incredible bikes. The 10 is a good bike also, but they do have issues that can cost a bundle to remedy. If you think you can handle the 450, that's what I would do. They break a lot less (unlike my kids 09 450) and give you years of fun and reliability. The EFI machines are incredible. Not having to deal with the jetting nightmere's and the bog issue that most have is priceless. Not to mention that the 450 is roughly about 10lbs heavier than the 250 with double the power. What type of riding do you do? That's another factor that should play into your decision.

@Charlie C

I ride motocross only, I'll start riding supercross soon enough.

So you have an idea how my riding is below are two links of some recent video.

feel free to check the rest of my channel..

Thanks for the advice, I've read bad things about the R10 before,

but its so tempting as the prices droped drastically, Ill focus on something elso tho,

thanks heaps.

DO NOT buy a 2010 honda unless you plan on replacing the crank right away. I just rebuilt a 2010 250R for my buddy, his crank rod bearings locked and broke off completely in his motor. It broke his cases, piston, crank, etc, so I also had to replace every bearing in the main cases as well, so parts bill totaled up to almost $1300, which is pretty ridiculous. Just a word or warning :bonk:

By the way, the bike only had about 53 hours which oil and air filter changed every ride and oil filter changed every 3, so it wa snot lack of maintainence either.

By the way, the bike only had about 53 hours and had oil and air filter changed every ride and oil filter changed every 3, so it was not a result of a lack of maintainence either..

I change my crankshaft after 35 hours, not sign of use on it, everything seen in perfect shape, the same for the piston.

Only trouble was some rust on the transmission side bearing, but this was probaly because this bike pass 2 years in a warehouse

The 2010 and 2012 is the same crankshaft, so probably a new calibration will help to reduce high stress in the bottom end

The 2010 and 2012 is the same crankshaft, so probably a new calibration will help to reduce high stress in the bottom end

Does the 2011 also have the same crankshaft as the 10 and 12?

Im sure they updated the crank for 2011

the rod also have a different number on it

Merry Christmas

Kim